Roundabout Station

Nurb

Tinkered with what possibilities there are with mixing certain mods and went for a large 'Wheel' (or as round as a Kerbal craft is going to get) space station with docking and refueling areas, as well as platforms for launching/docking probes* and enough fuel for interplanetary travel. I was able to orbit kerbin, the mun and the sun at an AP of 30 billion meters with more than a quarter fuel left over.

This is actually only half of what I originally had built, but because performance issues were so bad (1 fps, even with lowest settings) during launch attempts, I took off the second 'wheel' and threw the thing up into orbit. If I were to work on it further, I\'d add more RCS tanks, but if anyone wants to try it out, they can customize it as they see fit.

*probe platforms are left without couplers so people can rig the stages that work for them.

Anyway, I\'m done with it for now as it sits 100k above Kerbin

Mods:

Silisko

Kosmos

Probodine

KW Rocketry

MechJeb

Nice.

Nice craft mate.

Thetas...Beautiful

Thanks, guys, though it needs a little more in balance and support around the \'spokes\'. I noticed it likes to spin on it\'s own and it began to throw off debris. =P

Nice Space Station.

lockheed01Tb.jpg

Did this have something to do with your design? It\'s an old design by Lockheed from the 50\'s.

Not that spesifically, but I had seen plenty of wheel-shaped station designs in the past and decided to see if I could round out the parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.