Steerwing (in SPH) and Learstar (in VAB) stock craft question...

Anyone able to actually fly either?

Steerwing wobbles and crashes on acceleration on the runway

Learstar (like all shuttles in this game) becomes unstable and is a BEAST to try and control before it becomes impossible....

Mine too this time...

I had a problem after "updating", in each part folder I had both partname.cfg (new) and part.cfg (old) making duplicate parts.

I deleted all the old "part.cfg" files from each folder and that seemed to fix that problem.

I'd bet that was causing the stability problem too.

• 2 weeks later...

I flew the Stearwing a couple of hours ago. Takes off real easy and flies quite nicely until you run out of fuel. Without power it's a lawn dart. It also has a problem with the toroidal drop tanks. The jets draw from the front groups but then switch to fuel in the main tank instead of going to the rear group.

Do something to fix the drop tanks, add a pair of canards to make it able to glide, ditch the crew cabin or cargo bay for more fuel and oxidizer and it'll be a serviceable spaceplane. Alternately, swap cabin or cargo bay for just jet fuel and lose the drop tanks and rocket engines for a fast atmosphere only plane - just make sure to land prior to running out of fuel, unless you like crashing nose first.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.