[PLUGIN, PART, 0.17] Bigtrak KSP Edition v.30 Liltrak

chickenplucker

Thanks for posting that camera code colmo, that view is fun to use while bombing around the Mun.

That crane truck is a work of art camaroiowaguy, thanks for sharing that :P

Small update on Evel Kernebal:

ek.jpg

I resized everything a bit to better match the EVA Kerbals that have been poping up in the Dev threads. Going to start on a quad version of the kiwi soon and hopefully will have more to share on it soon, oh, and the counterweight that will allow the Puddle Jumper to fly straight, although thats not a priority atm.

Ive made this Grabble crane truck that works pretty awesome. The outriggers hold the truck off the ground and kept planted and you can swing out and telescope/extend the boom and its also loaded with lights. Youll need to press U and H to get both vehicle and crane lights to work. I have the controls preset and named accordingly.

um, and what does this have to do with bigtrack?

um, and what does this have to do with bigtrack?

He\'s new to the forums and I could see why he got confused. Regardless, he made something good. Try thinking positively and don\'t be hostile to new members.

He\'s new to the forums and I could see why he got confused. Regardless, he made something good. Try thinking positively and don\'t be hostile to new members.

Thanks i appreciate it. Is there a way to move my truck deal to where it needs to go or should i delete this one and make a whole new post? And to answer that one guys question about makin a truck with the stock capsule, i did make one but im waitin to post it correctly.

Hmm, I think you have to click \'modify\' in your post, copy everything, replace it with -snip- or something to that effect, then post in the appropriate thread (the Carts thread, I\'d say).

wow I love the Cuttlefish lander!!!

just one suggestion; can you make smaller version of Cuttlefish lander??

cause I think it\'s kinda big for Tosh\'s Mun rover chassis and Kiwi...

maybe 2m version with 4 \'legs\' would be great!!!

Wow, your not kidding, hit orbit with a tank and a half left!

ek6.jpg

@ssTALONps

Thanks, I\'m glad you like it :) I do intend to make a smaller Cuttlefish in the future but I\'m holding off right now to see how eva\'s wind up working. I also want to redo the big Cuttlefish and make it a little less 'meh' looking. It wouldnt take much to make it much better looking. Also left to do are the mini decoupler, PJ counter weight, quad and trike version of the kiwi, possible side fairings for the BT at some point, etc, etc :P. I would at somepoint like to get back to more Bigtrak specific things as I\'ve kind of wandered off course.

Good to go!

ek3.jpg

Evel\'s lack of sense allows for him to pull off some amazing stunts that make even the brave (or smart) turn pale with fear!

ek4.jpg

Tuck and roll buddy!

DL Link with Evel now up :)

You are officially 'legendary' now. If there\'s ever a 'Kerbal Hall of Fame' and I get a chance to vote on the inductee, you\'ve definitely got my vote.

Thanks for making my week.....again.

Okay. Let me tell you my dream.

I have a burgeoning little colony on the Mun. Using parts from about a dozen plugins and such, the Mun is no longer a thing that Kerbals just look up and wonder about at night.

However, due to my lack of piloting prowess, I choose to use MechJeb a bunch. (Actually its mostly to land on a dime while my landings are 'somewhere over yonder' style). My latest Mun Project, MunLab I, stacks a re-designed MunBase module on top of a big ol\' rocket and, I figured since I seem to lose BigTraks more than I can land them, I should throw a whole bunch on there. Using a radial mechjeb to control the now unmanned and autonomous Munolith and Public Transportation craft, I figured that these puddle jumpers would be the bees knees.

However, they are not. Upon reaching the mun and preparing to land them one by one (after I got the Lab down of course), I found that I had no control over the beasties like I would if they had a capsule in them. They are still orbiting the Mun, trash for the ages.

I was under the impression that the MechJeb modules would allow me to control my craft, sans capsule, as long as it had an SAS module. Now, the puddle jumpers do-am I right? I\'ve tried using (embarrassing) amounts of RCS thrusters, but the things seem to spin my poor traks the opposite direction of the thrust. Oy.

Being able to solve this would result in me being able to land a WHOLE lot more on the Mun and beyond and really kick start my exploration (in my own mind). Any thoughts?

(PS: I did try attaching other SAS mods to the BigTrak with no luck. Is this even possible? It seems like it should be-I remember de-orbiting space trash with an attached mechjeb before...now I can\'t seem to remember how.)

(Posted to MechJeb to see if they have any answers...)

The pod is missing the I component of a PID controller. No idea what that means, but maybe you can turn this \'I\' off in a SAS module to make it work like a pod?

And, more stupid question, tried to use killrot?

I think you mean the puddle jumper is not a good orbital craft.

It\'s not. At all. It was never mean\'t to be I believe. That\'s what the cuttlefish lander is for and it does it\'s job fairly well.

Bah! I simply plan to release the BT\'s in LMO and land them across the face of the Mun. Orient, then land...rolling if neccessary. (On the wheels).

Anyway-I can only cram one into the Cuttlefish and for some reason my attempts to customize (read, add a muon detector and some more lights to a BT) anything inside the pre-made cuttlefish or one I assembled myself causes the damn thing to spaz out when I go for landing.

The pod is missing the I component of a PID controller. No idea what that means, but maybe you can turn this \'I\' off in a SAS module to make it work like a pod?

And, more stupid question, tried to use killrot?

Wat and no. Unfortunately I need full SAS/RCS control to execute a Mun landing.

Anyway-you guys should see the fantastically stupid way I land the Lab Module on the Mun. There\'s legs at the back of the thing that I land on, then tilt it over so it lands on the front two legs. I\'ve sent NASA the design specs but they haven\'t called me back :(

0.90 was the naught value.

While I\'m in here and my dreams are being shattered, does anyone get the cuttlefish issue where it spazzes out and tumbles end over end when the petals open?

Nothing better than after the long long journey to Minmus it is concluded with your lander going haywire 10m above the deck.

0.90 was the naught value.

While I\'m in here and my dreams are being shattered, does anyone get the cuttlefish issue where it spazzes out and tumbles end over end when the petals open?

Nothing better than after the long long journey to Minmus it is concluded with your lander going haywire 10m above the deck.

No, but I did just figure out that SAS modules can be stacked on top of the upper brace of cuttlefish without messing up the petals.

That may help.

Also, I rarely use the rocket engine on cuttlefish except to land. Are you using yours for long periods of time? If so, maybe the fuel getting low is causing weight balance issues.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.