}

NODE
{
name = top
transform = topNode
size = 2
method = FIXED_JOINT
}

In 1.0 or 1.02 this part doesn't want to attach any thoughts on how to fix it ?

That node system uses transform names in the part that you set in the editor. They can't be changed without editing the model file. You can however convert it over to the other system by loading the .mu into a 3d modeler and getting the x,y,z values of those transforms and just using those values in the other node definitions.

I'm not sure what, if any, advantage those types of nodes have over the the other kind. You can't change their positions or orientations so I can't imagine it would work well with mods like RSS that rescale and move parts/nodes using modulemanager.

Edited by raidernick

In 1.0 or 1.02 this part doesn't want to attach any thoughts on how to fix it ?

Orientation in Unity must be +Z for these.

I just noticed they're hinge_joints. I don't know.

Those are VERY old nodes. That node system uses transform names in the part that you set in the editor. They can't be changed without editing the model file. You can however convert it over to the new system by loading the .mu into a 3d modeler and getting the x,y,z values of those transforms and just using those values in the new node definitions.

I think you're confused about what's new and what's old.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

Orientation in Unity must be +Z for these.

I think you're confused about what's new and what's old.

I've never actually seen those nodes before except in a single file from one of denny's mods. Considering his stuff hasn't been updated in forever I assumed it was pre 0.18 since that's when I had started playing and I've never seen it since then. At any rate I edited my post.

I've never actually seen those nodes before except in a single file from one of denny's mods. Considering his stuff hasn't been updated in forever I assumed it was pre 0.18 since that's when I had started playing and I've never seen it since then. At any rate I edited my post.

They may have been around in a while, but they've always been completely broken, so no one ever used them. The stack nodes (FIXED_JOINT) have been fixed in 0.2something, but the HINGE_JOINTs, which are the equivalent of surface_attach still weren't working correctly so this fix was made.

So

1. Is it still working
  2. Is it still needed

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.