Loans, Debt, and Collateral, oh my!

I really like the addition of strategies and the Administrative Building in the 0.25 Update, really I do. But one thing I noticed was that I can't receive any money instantly, which was exactly what I needed, since I only have about 4000 funds left. I suggest that in the Administrative Building, there is a tab added for loans. And if you click on it you can either apply for a loan, or manage existing loans (like pay it off immediately.). When you go apply for a loan, you can go ahead and choose how much money you want to take out, as well as the loan term. So if you take out a $1200 loan for example, and interest rate will be 4%, and the loan term is one Kerbal year. then you will pay $102.18 per 35 days (about the time of a Kerbin month when the days are divided evenly). Then you can choose your collateral. It can be either a building or an active mission (Space Station, Rocket, Spaceplane, etc.). If you go into debt and cannot repay you loan, you will be forced to sell your collateral to the bank. You cannot use it anymore until you buy it back, which you can. If your collateral either gets destroyed or isn't enough to pay back your debt, it's game over. If you're not on an active loan, then you will be forced to sell one of your buildings or active missions to the Government. You can not use it until you buy it back from them. If you sell all of your buildings and active missions to the government it's game over unless you can buy either the administrative building, the VAB and Launchpad, and/or the SPH and Runway, it's game over. Also, loan interest and value of collateral can be adjusted in the difficulty settings. Thanks for reading this!

Wait correct me if im wrong but i could of swore when you accept a contract get you funds UPFRONT. Which gives you exactly what you need, upfront funds at a cost of doing something later.

Wait correct me if im wrong but i could of swore when you accept a contract get you funds UPFRONT. Which gives you exactly what you need, upfront funds at a cost of doing something later.

For most contracts, you get advanced funds, which is upfront, usually enough to pay for the rocket... Then you make your profit when the contract is complete and they give you more funds.

Still I like this banking idea.

That is fully correct.

If you run out of contracts, timewarp a little and you'll get new ones

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.