My number is bigger than yours! 3

Guest alemagno12

Alright, time to clarify a several things:

1. It must be a bigger number. // That is, when calculated the number is at least 1 larger than the previous number.

1a. It must not be a smaller number. // That is, when calculated the number must not be at least 0 smaller than the previous number.

1b. It must be possible to prove that the number is bigger. // That is, you can prove the number is big by dealing with it ingeniously.

1c. If it is not trivial to prove that your number is bigger, you are expected to prove it. // This is to prevent possible rule-breaking on rule 1a, 1b, and 1 itself.

2. No infinities // Not even the infinity symbols.

2a. No transfinite numbers // In Java the largest number is 1.8*10^308. Even this is under 10 digits, as discussed below. Try to keep it below 1.8*10^1000 and you will be fine, even though it is well over the range of calculation.

3. NO MORE THAN 10 DIGITS PER NUMBER! // Alemagno12 broke the game by distorting this rule completely. You can use as many characters as you can, but only 10 number digits are allowed. And no Alemagno12, letters are not number digits.

3a. No walls of exponents // Even if you try, this rarely succeeds.

3b. No numbers where you copy and paste zeroes, or any other digit // This isn't heavily enforced.

3c. Functions are certainly allowed, as long as the total number of digits in all of the inputs is not greater than 10. // Deleted at OP's request.

3d. You can recursively define functions to beat this limit, as long as the function itself has no more than 10 digits of input and none of the functions used in defining the main function have more than 10 digits of input as well. // Also deleted at OP's request.

4. No referencing the number before yours. // Which mean you can't use the answer of the previous post to compound a larger number.

5. Your number should be sufficiently well defined that, given infinite time and space, one would be able to write it out in full. // Define all of them so people can write them out.

6. Bonus points if you name the number // This isn't really enforced.

7. You must be able to define the number in terms of existing notation // That is, you know what the number is.

7a. Constructing new notation to define your number is also allowed as long as the new notation is defined based on existing notation // You can create a new notations with different numbers, or with notations and numbers.

7b. You may also define new notation with more new notation, and so on, all in one post, as long as the final number doesn't break any rules. // Same as above.

8. Functions (inc. computer programs) without inputs are allowed will be judged by their location on the fast-growing hierarchy. // Again deleted at OP's request.

The emphasis after "//" is mine.

So... reset, and this time I (or anyone who is familiar with Holo's MNIBTYR (My Number is Bigger Than Yours!, Redux)) do the checking.

15^250 (5 number digits).

Edited by Designer225

Guest alemagno12

The emphasis after "//" is mine.

So... reset, and this time I (or anyone is familiar with Holo's MNIBTYR (My Number is Bigger Than Yours!, Redux)) do the checking.

15^250 (5 number digits).

Ok...

G(9999999999)

// That is, when calculated the number is at least 1 larger than the previous number.

So 3.5 is not bigger than 3?
// In Java the largest number is 1.8*10^308. Even this is under 10 digits, as discussed below. Try to keep it below 1.8*10^1000 and you will be fine, even though it is well over the range of calculation.
Even the googolplex walls and the Graham's number abuses are emphatically finite.

/grumblegrumblegrumble

Anyway, assuming alexmagno means the gn function used in definining Graham's number, then I'll beat it with

h1 = 10↑1010

hn = 10↑hn-110

This is of course analogous to the gn function, but bigger.

My number is h9999999999

Sooner or later someone's going to need to blow the up-arrows right out of the water. But for the time being I'll simply turn it up to 11.

k1 = 11↑1111

kn = 11↑kn-111

Kn = kk..kn , with kn levels of subscripts . (Note that uppercase K and lowercase k have different meanings)

My number

KΩ = KK..Kn, with K9999999999 levels.

Guest alemagno12

I think you meant KΩ = KK..K9999999999, with K9999999999 levels.

But anyways:

K(Ω+1) = KK..KWwith 9999999999 levels, where W = Ω

K(Ω*2) = K(Ω+K(Ω+K(Ω+(...(K(W+999999999))...))) with 9999999999 levels

etc.

Number is K(W^^^W)

edit : to be original, here's something we might all know and laugh at, then diregard this post like all the oher siily ones.

1/0

edit2: original non-silly number which is equally non valid due to the no referencing other users rule.

K(W^^^W)^2

Edited by Nemrav

I think you meant KΩ = KK..K9999999999, with K9999999999 levels.
I suspect it falls into scarcely matters territory, but yes, I did.

Now I'll come up with something once I've wrapped my head around your notation.

Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex^Googolplex

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.