Auto Circulization Maneuver Node Creator

Maximillian

I am interest to know if such a thing already exists or if it is something people would want.

I do not use MechJeb and in general limit mods to those that provide more information. I like to fly everything myself.

But, what I do find myself wanting is a easy button for creating a maneuver node at my current Ap that will circularize my orbit.

If this is something people are interested in I may try my hand at writing it myself.

Max

Edited by Maximillian
Clarification

I am interest to know if such a thing already exists or if it is something people would want.

I do not use MechJeb and in general limit mods to those that provide more information. I like to fly everything myself.

But, what I do find myself wanting is a easy button for creating a maneuver node at my current Ap that will circularize my orbit.

Max

So you want MechJeb but do not want MechJeb, which is paradoxical. You can definitely use MechJeb without (ab)using any of the autopilot features, just use solely the Maneuver Node Planner window.

So you want MechJeb but do not want MechJeb, which is paradoxical. You can definitely use MechJeb without (ab)using any of the autopilot features, just use solely the Maneuver Node Planner window.

Right. Any MechJeb modules you don't want to use can be disabled in the config file.

Another option is to use KOS, and script your own circularization autopilot.

He's not asking for an autopilot, he's asking for a maneuver node to circularize. So it creates the blue marker, and the dv required. He would still manually do the burn.

Yes, you can stretch the orbit with a node until it is roughly circular, but it can be very hard to tweak accurately.

Please allow me to clarify.

The second part of the OP was "if it is something people would want". I have never developed a mod for KSP before. I work in Information Technology and have some experience with programing. As per the forum rules I posted the topic to insure that this wasn't something already devloped by someone else and to gauge interest in such a mod. With the intent of possibly setting out to create it myself if there was any interest.

I would not rather someone spend 10hrs developing something for just me.

I do not intend or seek to offend anyone, nor waste their time. If I have done something incorrectly, then I apologize. If I misinterpreted the proper way to post, again I apologize.

My intent was to perhaps develop something small that would give back to the community.

My apologies. the big red [Request] tag was misleading.

No I don't think there is something in the scope you are talking about. However as mentioned before, Mechjeb fills the role quite well as it will create maneuver nodes without executing them, if that is what the player prefers. It would be simpler to adjust Mechjeb's functionality than the develop a separate plugin. A MM patch to limit Mechjeb's functions to only Maneuver Node calculations might be more fitting for people who prefer manual execution of maneuver nodes.

I realize that marking it as a Request may have been the incorrect thing to do. I was requesting information and was unsure if that was apropos or not. I am unsure how to remove it, but would happily do so if that is proper.

I don't think you need to have a moderator remove your post. I didn't understand from your OP that you were inquiring if anybody would be interested in such a mod, but you certainly didn't ask anything outrageous. You didn't do anything wrong.

If it's something you'd like to create, I'm sure there would be a lot of people interested in it. Well, a few anyway. It would certainly be a good way of getting your feet wet modding for KSP -- something I have yet to do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.