[DEV HALTED][0.90] ActiveStruts - Create & Remove Struts in Flight [v1.1.1 2014-12-31]

marce

I got a half and half result, how's that for weirdness! :P The guide line was way off no where near where it's supposed to be for both the source and the end point. When making the connection, the source end was from exactly the right place but the end point to where it attached was off into space. At least it knew where the part was for the actual connection, which the guide line didn't. But it couldn't figure out where to put the end it's supposed to connect to in the actual link.

Ah I know what's going on. I fixed the misplaced guide line locally put never released it, because I wanted to kill the other bug (even nastier imho) as well before doing so.

Yeah, so we have the same stupid behaviour, damnit :mad:

Dang! :( Maybe a hybrid of the options, since voting can only chose one. A part for the tether for the little guy on EVA and maybe throw away small / weak connector for struts, but if possible leaving free attachment for people that want to still use it or take the risk of things going weird? I really have no clue how complex that would be so if it's a biggie forget I mentioned it :)

Dang! :( Maybe a hybrid of the options, since voting can only chose one. A part for the tether for the little guy on EVA and maybe throw away small / weak connector for struts, but if possible leaving free attachment for people that want to still use it or take the risk of things going weird? I really have no clue how complex that would be so if it's a biggie forget I mentioned it :)

Yeah, I might really do that. Disabling the problematic features by default but having a config option to turn them on again on your own risk. Plus adding a part for the Kerbal tether that can be placed in the editor and KAS'ed.

Everyone fine with that?

Alright, so here's the plan:

• there will be an update once 0.90 hits
  • the 0.90 update will add a Kerbal tether part, but disable FreeAttach & "spawning" Kerbal tether by default (+bad things can happen if you enable it via the config, but you can)
  • once I have more time I'll do a refactoring of the code and plan to bring FreeAttach back, but can't promise it yet

voting hereby closed :wink:

So is v1.1 backward compatible with 0.25?

If not, is it possible to leave up an archived copy for those of us who aren't jumping on 0.90 yet?

Also, i use a couple other of your mods, and have the same question/request for those as well.

Thanx! :D

Edited by Stone Blue

Im getting a pink item named CET, A list full of errors on debug and also a random white item on launch pad which flys away randomly

I'll need your log, no?

So is v1.1 backward compatible with 0.25?

If not, is it possible to leave up an archived copy for those of us who aren't jumping on 0.90 yet?

Also, i use a couple other of your mods, and have the same question/request for those as well.

Thanx! :D

Not backward compatible (most of them are not). You can try this old version.

I remove them as I release new version because otherwise I have to deal with bugs caused by old versions. Just saying "no support for everything but the latest version" is not enough, so I purge the old ones

I note that CIT-Util is registered in CKAN, any chance of this mod (and your others) being added, too?

Ahem, I didn't even know that (maybe that's why it says 'unofficial') :wink:

Haven't looked at CKAN at all so far, maybe in the future but expect it to be months out if ever, sorry.

ou can try this old version.

I remove them as I release new version because otherwise I have to deal with bugs caused by old versions. Just saying "no support for everything but the latest version" is not enough, so I purge the old ones

Hey do you by chance have a Windows version of the .25 build?

Haven't looked at CKAN at all so far, maybe in the future but expect it to be months out if ever, sorry.

It's intended to be only a couple of minutes' effort for mod makers. I guess CIT-Utils was added by someone using it as a dependency.

Has anyone else been experiencing a problem with no context (right-click) menus on all ActiveStruts parts?

I've taken a clean install and added only ActiveStruts and still no menus.

This occurs both in VAB and launched vehicles.

I'm experiencing the same problem with the Autostrutter not working.

KSP 0.90, AS V1.1.1

How do I set targets for my CIT Targeters so when I hit the "toggle links" button from my action groups, they connect to the proper targets?

I can't strut them up in the VAB, because my vehicle needs to launch unstrutted.

"Unlink" removes the target so "Toggle Link" won't reattach after launching.

Edited by innociv

How do I set targets for my CIT Targeters so when I hit the "toggle links" button from my action groups, they connect to the proper targets?

I can't strut them up in the VAB, because my vehicle needs to launch unstrutted.

It works in flight exactly the same way it does in the editor:

1. select link
  2. click on a valid target

- - - Updated - - -

Has anyone else been experiencing a problem with no context (right-click) menus on all ActiveStruts parts?

I've taken a clean install and added only ActiveStruts and still no menus.

This occurs both in VAB and launched vehicles.

I'm experiencing the same problem with the Autostrutter not working.

KSP 0.90, AS V1.1.1

I'll need a log. It sounds as if the plugin is not loading at all.

But then I have to do that for every single strut before toggle is available. It's really annoying.

You are welcome to submit a pull request that adds the functionality to magically guess the target :P

Or use an Autostrutter which does find its target automatically if possible...

Edited by marce

Instead of having to make a link, you should be able to "set target" the same exactly way, except it just sets the target without actually creating a link, where toggling them would then create the link.

I'll need a log. It sounds as if the plugin is not loading at all.

Log:

[LOG 21:42:11.609] Load(Assembly): CIT/ActiveStruts/Plugins/ActiveStruts
[LOG 21:42:11.611] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\media\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CIT\ActiveStruts\Plugins\ActiveStruts.dll
[LOG 21:42:11.644] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 21:42:11.663] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ActiveStruts': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Util.Config' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Addons.ActiveStrutsAddon+<PlaceNewPart>d__30' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Modules.ModuleKerbalHook+<WaitAndCreateJoint>d__3' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

ActiveStruts.dll is there. Looks like it's looking for V1.1.0.0 when I have V1.1.1.0. Just my guess.

Sorry, no time to look further tonight.

Instead of having to make a link, you should be able to "set target" the same exactly way, except it just sets the target without actually creating a link, where toggling them would then create the link.

As I said, you are welcome to submit a PR.

- - - Updated - - -

Log:

[LOG 21:42:11.609] Load(Assembly): CIT/ActiveStruts/Plugins/ActiveStruts
[LOG 21:42:11.611] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\media\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CIT\ActiveStruts\Plugins\ActiveStruts.dll
[LOG 21:42:11.644] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 21:42:11.663] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ActiveStruts': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Util.Config' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Addons.ActiveStrutsAddon+<PlaceNewPart>d__30' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Modules.ModuleKerbalHook+<WaitAndCreateJoint>d__3' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

ActiveStruts.dll is there. Looks like it's looking for V1.1.0.0 when I have V1.1.1.0. Just my guess.

Sorry, no time to look further tonight.

Nah the version doesn't matter.

It may be a corrupt dll, please redownload.

I see you've added all your mods, now. Thanks hugely for that. CKAN really does make things easier to manage!