[DEV HALTED][0.90] ActiveStruts - Create & Remove Struts in Flight [v1.1.1 2014-12-31]

marce

I see you've added all your mods, now. Thanks hugely for that. CKAN really does make things easier to manage!

Got some help from the CKAN guys, I hope it will work out :)

Log:

[LOG 21:42:11.609] Load(Assembly): CIT/ActiveStruts/Plugins/ActiveStruts
[LOG 21:42:11.611] AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at C:\media\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CIT\ActiveStruts\Plugins\ActiveStruts.dll
[LOG 21:42:11.644] AssemblyLoader: Loading assemblies
[ERR 21:42:11.663] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'ActiveStruts': System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at AssemblyLoader.LoadAssemblies () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Additional information about this exception:

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Util.Config' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Addons.ActiveStrutsAddon+<PlaceNewPart>d__30' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'ActiveStruts.Modules.ModuleKerbalHook+<WaitAndCreateJoint>d__3' from assembly 'ActiveStruts, Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.

ActiveStruts.dll is there. Looks like it's looking for V1.1.0.0 when I have V1.1.1.0. Just my guess.

Sorry, no time to look further tonight.

HI, I have had the same problem but managed to resolve this issue.

The fault (for unknown reasons) is that the ActiveStruts.dll is dependant on a support dll CIT_Util.dll. For some reason if this support dll is not located in the same directory as ActiveStruts.dll then it fails to load.

Placing the matching versions of both dlls in the same directory resolved the issue for me.

Try this out for yourself and see if this works for you.

P.S. I now realise that an unintentional ambiguity exists.

The fault does not lie in the fact that a dependancy exists, but rather that the load routines would fail except under the condition where the CITUtil.dll file co-existed in the same directory.

Edited by BruceKnowles
Resolve the ambiguity

HI, I have had the same problem but managed to resolve this issue.

The fault (for unknown reasons) is that the ActiveStruts.dll is dependant on a support dll CIT_Util.dll. For some reason if this support dll is not located in the same directory as ActiveStruts.dll then it fails to load.

Placing the matching versions of both dlls in the same directory resolved the issue for me.

Try this out for yourself and see if this works for you.

Hi!

Yes, they are dependent (with a lot of reasons!), but should not be in the same directoy (that would mess up the packages).

As I posted in my main CIT thread I stopped bundling the Util dll to work nicely with CKAN and you have to install it seperatly.

The structure should be:

GameData

- CIT

-- CITUtil.dll

-- ActiveStruts

--- [AS mod content]

-- [other mods by me]

Hi,

I quite agree with your sentiment and intentions, especially since CITUtil.dll is used by a number of your products.

All I have done is detail my experience and the solution that worked for me.

While we are talking.... please check in your sources into GITHub, neither this product nor CIT_KERT sources agree with your releases. For those people building their mods for linux etc... this is a bit of a problem.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by BruceKnowles

While we are talking.... please check in your sources into GITHub, neither this product nor CIT_KERT sources agree with your releases. For those people building their mods for linux etc... this is a bit of a problem.

Thanks in advance.

1. I'm playing and testing on Linux, so no need to recompile
  2. There are no not pushed commits, the assembly version does not strictly follow the package version if that's what you are thinking

Are you running 32bit linux. If not how do you get full 64 bit services and memory addressing when you only link the 32 bit dlls from KSP_Data?

- - - Updated - - -

1. <snip>
  2. There are no not pushed commits, the assembly version does not strictly follow the package version if that's what you are thinking

That is exactly what I am thinking... the last source code update was mid December which agrees with the release of your 0.90 patch, yet only two days later you update a patch to enable transfers between Kerbals. Yesterday you release 1.1.1 but no changes recorded where you have updated AssemblyInfo.cs.

This makes it impossible to verify which version you are running at any given instant and also to confirm that the version in use when a diagnostic error is returned from an end user.

Are you running 32bit linux. If not how do you get full 64 bit services and memory addressing when you only link the 32 bit dlls from KSP_Data?

- - - Updated - - -

That is exactly what I am thinking... the last source code update was mid December which agrees with the release of your 0.90 patch, yet only two days later you update a patch to enable transfers between Kerbals. Yesterday you release 1.1.1 but no changes recorded where you have updated AssemblyInfo.cs.

This makes it impossible to verify which version you are running at any given instant and also to confirm that the version in use when a diagnostic error is returned from an end user.

Huh, I never thought about refing the x64 dlls since it's working fine on Linux x64 with about 7,4+GB RAM usage for me (not broken, not touch it).

Anyway, I asked my modder colleagues in the chan and they told me it doesn't matter, so I think you shouldn't worry too much.

I only change the assembly version when I change something in the code.

Other stuff only changes the mod version. I'm sorry if that's inconvenient for you, but it's more logical for me that way.

Plus according to the rules I only have to provide the code, not make it easy for you :P

Having a problem with the Kerbal Tether. Most obvious was the Kerbal Hook wasn't included in the tech tree so inaccessible in careers. oops :P but after fixing that, while the tether does connect it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Kerbal connected continued to float away and reducing the tether length shows it responding but the tether doesn't actually contract, but rather seems to extend still while floating.

Having a problem with the Kerbal Tether. Most obvious was the Kerbal Hook wasn't included in the tech tree so inaccessible in careers. oops :P but after fixing that, while the tether does connect it doesn't seem to actually do anything. Kerbal connected continued to float away and reducing the tether length shows it responding but the tether doesn't actually contract, but rather seems to extend still while floating.

Woops, yeah my bad. I added a science tree entry which will be shipped with the next version - sorry guys and thanks for reporting Jeffrey.

However, it does work for me. Could you please check the log if there are any exceptions or error messages?

Woops, yeah my bad. I added a science tree entry which will be shipped with the next version - sorry guys and thanks for reporting Jeffrey.

However, it does work for me. Could you please check the log if there are any exceptions or error messages?

sorry for the delay, had some RL busyness :) I tried with the debug window open and there were no entries at all when trying to use the Kerbal Tether while extending and retracting the length. The attached Kerbal continued to float out into space, and the tether visually extended during so, though the length indication remained the same and retracting until getting the minimum length message had no effect. I think it just doesn't like me :P

sorry for the delay, had some RL busyness :) I tried with the debug window open and there were no entries at all when trying to use the Kerbal Tether while extending and retracting the length. The attached Kerbal continued to float out into space, and the tether visually extended during so, though the length indication remained the same and retracting until getting the minimum length message had no effect. I think it just doesn't like me :P

Gremlins...

Hm, I'm sorry but without an error message or "working" (aka breaking) reproduction steps there is not a lot I can do...

It sounds like the springjoint is not or badly created. Maybe you can open an issue and I'll look if I see anything suspicious in the next code refactoring?

I'll put one on right now. If there is any debug versions that would throw more information I'll be glad to run that to help figure out what the heck is going on. :)

Thanks! I may come back to you with a dll with extended logging on Saturday or so.

Hey, i finally got why it wouldnt t show upingame (activestruts) it was beacuse i didnt have your citutil dll =)

It works fine but it gets invisbile sometimes and i get the unity is catching up message.

Great work as usual!

Hey, i finally got why it wouldnt t show upingame (activestruts) it was beacuse i didnt have your citutil dll =)

It works fine but it gets invisbile sometimes and i get the unity is catching up message.

Great work as usual!

Yes, all my mods require my util lib. But I don't bundle it any more, becasue of proper CKAN packages.

Hm, you should only see this message if you manually turn on FreeAttach in the config. I disabled this feature, because it's bugged and I don't have time to fix it.

The CIT Targeter Link option isn`t working for me. I click Link, hover over a CIT Target or another Targeter and it shows a green line but it doesn`t create a strut when I click. All the other features seem to work correctly. I downloaded the current CIT Util with Active Struts 1.1.1, any idea what could cause it? I also noticed that the FreeAttach Link option was enabled and seemed like it`s working even though it is supposed to be disabled by default.

EDIT: I don`t know what happened but after restarting the game everything seems to work as advertised :)

Edited by Keras

The CIT Targeter Link option isn`t working for me. I click Link, hover over a CIT Target or another Targeter and it shows a green line but it doesn`t create a strut when I click. All the other features seem to work correctly. I downloaded the current CIT Util with Active Struts 1.1.1, any idea what could cause it? I also noticed that the FreeAttach Link option was enabled and seemed like it`s working even though it is supposed to be disabled by default.

EDIT: I don`t know what happened but after restarting the game everything seems to work as advertised :)

May have been a broken cfg file, glad it works now :)

Marce, is there a way to make the Flex Joint Hook have a connection more similar to rope or cable than an elastic band? would be awesome to be able to strap down payloads. I've tried playing around with FlexibleStrutSpring and FlexibleStrutDamper in the cfg, but to no avail.

Marce, is there a way to make the Flex Joint Hook have a connection more similar to rope or cable than an elastic band? would be awesome to be able to strap down payloads. I've tried playing around with FlexibleStrutSpring and FlexibleStrutDamper in the cfg, but to no avail.

It's a bit fishy. Actually it's not really a band either.

In the background a spring joint (=a bit of elastic movement is allowed) is created with an offset of the original length. The visible 'band' is just that: a visual gimmick without any effect.

A real rope would be very cool, but so computation intensive (dozens or hundreds of physics activated gameobjects, imagine your vessel would have 200 parts extra if you add a single rope) that your pc would melt, or so unrealistic (only a few pieces, tried that looks ugly and crappy) that it's not fun.

Edited by marce
typo