The Space Bar

pheeph

It's just something random I'm working on... still under construction...

The idea I'm thinking about is building a "Space Bar". It could act as an orbital tavern or something to add to interplanetary colonies.

Sntacld.png

Space Bar under construction

yxoxWON.png

While we're waiting for this thing to finish building... what do wanna drink?

PRl8hEa.png

What the bar currently looks like right now...

It's now complete! Press on to the Space Bar!

This is the orbital space station variant. You'll have to send your Kerbonauts into the module that's inside the Space Bar structure. You'll also have to zoom in order to get the Kerbonauts to do EVA in the Bar. Since the structure is fully enclosed, if your Kerbonaut leaves his seat, he'll end up outside...

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I may try to create a Mun/Minmus/Duna variant. It'll include small thrusters to land in these places.

Craft file: http://www./view/3xb9rw0c9bsoc9c/Space_Bar_Orbital.craft

• 3 months later...

Well... I decided to send the next Space Bar to Minmus (though this variant was designed for the Mun)

8etFHv6.png

I docked this large rocket stage with the Space Bar to send to the Mun or Minmus

O9maLPe.png

I used the Kerbal Attachment System mod to modify the Space Bar

jIp5ANZ.png

I placed some pylons and rearranged the existing rocket engines, and added new fuel pumps

eVUYBPB.png

This was the first time I sent something to Minmus... landing this thing apparently was no easy task... it was very difficult to control, but I managed to land it. I lost a solar panel after it bounced around a bit...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.