Guidance needed on Contracts for noob !

I have just started and am not sure I am doing this right .... my example here is a Rockomax contract (Test In Flight Rockomax BACC Solid Fuel Booster for a height of 7800m to 17700m and a speed of 140 to 240 m/s).

Am I required to reach that height range, with that speed, whilst the booster is running in order to achieve the contract?

I ask this, because I thought I had, but did not get a 'tick' for the contract. Admittedly, the speed did carry on increasing, along with the height. I had used smaller engines to get me up towards that height before firing this big booster, in order to get the speed within range (for a brief period!)

Alternatively do I have to use the booster to its end whilst still maintaining that height and speed?

I did try this second option and found it impossible (at least so far!)

Many thanks!!!

Edited by Blinkinhek

You need to reach both the altitude and the speed. You can click open the contracts tab in the upper-right corner to see whether you've reached them.

Then, and only then, do you activate the test part. Usually you do so by triggering a stage with the Space bar. Sometimes it's a right-click option on the test part's context menu. Either way, you don't want to use that part until you've tested it.

That actually looks like a fairly easy contract ... maybe 2/3 fuel, half thrust, toss a parachute on the top for (hopefully) recovery, then activate using right-click and WAIT to stage till you're in the right ranges. If you end up over-speed then right-click deploy your chute and hope for the best...

Welcome to the game!

It actually explains the way to finish the contract somewhere on the discription.

For engines, it says something like 'activate this part through the staging list to fulfill the contract'.

So you reach the desired height and speed, and then you activate it by hitting spacebar.

Note that you HAVE to use the spacebar here. Activating the engine through other means won't finish the contract

For parts that don't go in staging, it'll say something like 'rightclick the part and select run test'

Good luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.