What is this???

So i built a ship and sent it as far out as I could go. Lets just say I was boosting at the max boost speed even MechJeb would allow and I was showing no signs of slowing down and starting to come back to the sun. So I boosted my way back and as I started falling back towards the sun I saw this on the map. It isn't debris from my ship, I haven't ejected anything from it, so what is it????

Edit : Picture wasn't showing up, this is what I saw on the map http://i.imgur.com/4RueKlC.png?1

Edited by Keudn

Yeah, like this one?

(look at the velocity reading :))

EDIT:

Sorry, the image is broken :( I'll try to find the screenshot.

EDIT2:

1678fw3.png

http://i59.tinypic.com/1678fw3.png

Argh, forget it. Maybe URL tags?

Nupe. Drat.

Well, it's going at 65 times the speed of light. That's all you need to know.

EDIT3:

Wait, it works in Firefox :confused:

Edited by Starwhip

I remember one instance where I had a probe that kept gaining speed every time i switched between map and vessel view, it also appeared to "Jump" to a new location further out each time. I very quickly got out of that save.

I was exiting the moon for a return to Kerbin at the time and instead of going on the projected route it appeared to move into a polar type orbit before it started jumping, creeped the crap outta me!

It appears to be an asteroid.

Yea but, is it just me or is it REALLY far away from the Sun? And last seen over 200 YEARS AGO?!?!?! Some is wrong here... Like, the MET timer... Wait, the MET timer may be broke, but it seems to be saying it is year 161, yet the asteroid was seen 233 years ago.

Hold it... I was looking at the number wrong, the asteroid was last seen -233 years ago.

What.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ââ€Â»Ã¢â€Âââ€Â»

Edited by RocketPilot573

Yea but, is it just me or is it REALLY far away from the Sun? And last seen over 200 YEARS AGO?!?!?! Some is wrong here... Like, the MET timer... Wait, the MET timer may be broke, but it seems to be saying it is year 161, yet the asteroid was seen 233 years ago.

Hold it... I was looking at the number wrong, the asteroid was last seen -233 years ago.

What.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ââ€Â»Ã¢â€Âââ€Â»

4RueKlC.png?1

Indeed.

Your question was "What is this?" not "How did it get there?" or "What is negative time anyway?". Those are questions I can't help you with. :sticktongue:

"That is this?"

this:

pronoun: this; pronoun: these

used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced.

Ok, more seriously:

The indicated object is an asteroid.

The time is fubar, because your whole existence is fubar. I suspect your actual mission elapsed time is over 400 years, causing the clock to roll over into negatives and back..

The Kerbal universe has a very finite maximum age, something like 320 years, after which it goes negative and tried again. Repeatedly. As your orbital position is linked to your orbital parameters + epoch time, this results in..... strange stuff.

It seems that you saw the asteroid 380 years ago, or more. The display time on the asteroid is currently in the negative part of the time rollover. Your mission time is currently in the positive part of time rollover.

I'm pretty sure it is an asteroid as I didn't eject anything from my ship, but why is it so far away???? And the time thing I know for sure is ....ed up because I warped as fast as MechJeb would allow for like a minute (i think the warp was on like x10000000) so the whole time stuff is broken. I just want to know why an asteroid was so far out, I wish I could go get it but restarting KSP ended up breaking the whole save :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.