[Win][WIP] Multiverse Launcher

wrsomsky

Do you sometime want to play KSP with different mod-sets? Stock-Vanilla KSP one day, then RSS KSP the next? Do you want multiple Kebal-system each with their own physics? Kerbin-172 with Stock aerodynamics; Kerbin-7318 with FAR and DR? Does this sound like a set of parallel dimensions or a multi-verse to you?

This all applies to me, so I'm in the process of developing a VB launcher script that will allow me swap between different mod-sets, and thought people here might be interested as well.

Within a Multiverse folder, I have a folder for each individual mod-set containing the GameData and Saves folders for that set, as well as a shortcut to the Multiverse launcher script. When invoked, the launcher script replaces GameData and Saves in the main KSP game-folder with junctions pointing to those GameData & Saves folders and then launches KSP. (A similar thing could be done under Linux and OSX, but would need different launcher scripts.)

Would anyone else be interested in this? I've about got this ready for my own use, but would want some input/advice to prepare this for use by others.

I would like to use that.. - but I would like to add some feature requests too..

as a mod dev, it's annoying to play without any parts just to make loading faster..

So if I could just activate one or two part packs for one or two test sessions and then dissable them again without having to move/change my dev folders, that would be great..

Right now, I have a gamedata-backup folder where I store all unwanted mods to get them out of the loading process.. (includes most of the squad folder)

the only thing allways in gamedata is my dev folder..

If I need a part for a test, I copy that folder back to my gamedata..

you describe a set of gamedata folders to choose from - that would force me to copy my dev work into all of them to use your tool.

that would be a shame..

if I have to move my recent work to more than one folder to make that happen, it'll be more trouble than just moving the part-mods in my gamedata-backup

So I guess I'm suggesting to only add/remove mod-folders to gamedata but not replace "all" of them with a different set..

Also, the "remove" shouldn't be a delete but a real "move" - so if I have made changes to some cfg's while playing, I don't want to lose them everytime I change mod settings..

Not sure if I was able to explain my request in a useable manner.. - but that detail would be important to me..

Can that be implemented? If yes, it would be as helpfull as "DevHelper" plugin allready is..

good luck..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.