Why i cannot increase money by using strategies

I set fundraising and patenting science to 50 %

I got only 2000 extra for contract worth 75000 after compelling i got huge science boast for converting money and prestige to science both on 30 %, but on reverse is not working so well, i have technology to make Apollo like mission to Mun but not have cash.

No bucks no Bug Rogers:D (1:23)

Just look at the reward amounts and the conversion factor. When you use a strategy to convert funds to science, it is roughly something like $35 for 1 science. Now 30% of a $70k reward at that conversion rate is 600 science, which is a very hefty reward (just wait until you get over 7k science from one mission and unlock the whole tech tree). In fact, I find it to be so absurdly powerful that I refuse to use it unless it gets rebalanced to make it much more costly. However, going the other way, 50% of a 100 science reward at the much lesser conversion rate is....peanuts, in relation to the already present cash reward.

To make good money in Career, you need to cover both ends of the budget.

You bring up the rear by recovering spent stages. Use either DebRefund or StageRecovery mods, and slap parachutes on your boosters. Saves a ton of cash in the long run.

Next is increasing available funds. A few mods will help in this regard. Standard contracts are for the most part pretty frugal and not all that exciting. Test part X at Y altitude doing Z m/s. Yawn. Fine Print gives a rich selection of tasks to perform - string a few together in a single mission and the cash will start rolling in. To further boost selection of contracts and keep the cash-flow minty green, get DMagic Orbital Science mod. If you're into building Space Stations look into Station Science mod as well. Station Science gives great cash rewards, but you have to do a bit of work to get at it.

In the higher difficulty of career, especially with the updated NovaPunch and KW Rocketry mods, research only the parts you plan to use or you will quickly go bankrupt. Balancing that out will be lots of contracts that can be combined into one mission to raise the funds needed for missions and later unlocking of parts available.

This really must be rebalanced. I've placed one flag on the Mun and this opened all science tree.

Eeeek. I hear this a lot since .25. With the new difficulty settings, you can do the re balancing yourself.

You've got your rewards set too high, and you can probably do without the strategy you're using. Turn off revert and quicksave. See what happens to your program when you crash that 200,000 root space craft into the launchpad/ VAB.

"...and thus with the key, you unlock our mysteries."

Edited by Aethon

Eeeek. I hear this a lot since .25. With the new difficulty settings, you can do the re balancing yourself.

You've got your rewards set too high, and you can probably do without the strategy you're using. Turn off revert and quicksave. See what happens to your program when you crash that 200,000 root space craft into the launchpad/ VAB.

"...and thus with the key, you unlock our mysteries."

And with all that you can still get 10,000+ science in one launch.

Like he said, if the reward is too high for your taste in FUN, turn the strategy off! If you think you're getting BOTH too much money and too much science, convert them all to reputation instead. The only gains you'll get from it are more fun contracts, so it's win-win-win situation (as in you win, the game wins, and I win à la Michael Scott).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.