Stage control

*OOOOK :), finally in orbit of Duna, now is just a matter of take this fuel and fill the lande-STUNK-:( ... ... ... NOOOOOOOO;.;!!!" 800 FLO float away in the debris...:P

How many times this happened to you? To irreparably stage in the middle of something else without the intention to do that? Just because u hit the spacebar by accident?

Losing a stage by accident is really bad... it seriously compromises the mission, the life of your kerbal and more important, the fun.

So i'm suggesting this, is a really simple thing that could save to all of us a lot of reverts and kerbal life: add another mode in stage control where if u want to stage u have to do that by rapidly double press the spacebar.

we'll then have:

green intermittent light: normal stage, stage allowed, 1 hit to stage

green fixed light: secure (or controlled) stage, stage allowed, 2 rapid hit to stage

red fixed light: locked stage, stage not allowed

In this way, single accidental spacebar press are avoided and u can still rapidly stage by double press it.

YUP already a feature... i THINK its ALT-L or ALT-Space. its in the keybinds somewhere

a locked staging turns the staging light purple :)

EDIT: yup "mod" L (pc mod = alt), http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Key_bindings

Guys, i know that there is a lock stage mode, what i'm suggesting is a different thing...

Here, read carefully:

we'll then have:

green intermittent light: normal stage, stage allowed, 1 hit to stage <-------------------stock

green fixed light: secure (or controlled) stage, stage allowed, 2 rapid hit to stage <----my suggestion

red fixed light: locked stage, stage not allowed <------------------------------------------stock

In this way, single accidental spacebar press are avoided and u can still rapidly stage by double press it.

ah i see, sorry didn't quite understand.

personally i dont see the need, much prefered would be auto quicksaving just prior to staging :P i VERY rarely accidentally stage. i OFTEN accidentally stage the wrong thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.