[Solved] Modding - Mods | But it seems most/some are not working correct

Hey.

Normally i would just copy the mods of my favorite KSP-Youtuber (You know the one ;)) but hes still on 0.24 and iam on 0.25 :/ So i just tryd to mod by myself and i think... iam too dumb? I mean, i can mod skyrim in over 14 hours to a point that it looks like a 2014-Game but... KSP?

Problems:

1.) Wen i research at the Tree, the Tree wont update, i need to get off the R&D-Centre and go in again, and then it updates the list.

2.) It seems Ferram isnt working?

3.) It seems Deadly Reentry isnt working as intendet (at 3km i opend the Chutes. They burned... what?! Jeb is dead... Poor Guy...)

4.) It seems the Life-Support installed wont work

5.) It seems MechJeb wont work

6.) It seems Kethane wont work as intended.

Mods installed/used:

- [Part] [0.25] KW Rocketry v2.6d2

- [Plugin] [0.25.0] Toolbar 1.7.7

- [Plugin] [0.25.x] Wenkel Corporation - RealChute Parachute Systems v1.2.5.3

- [Plugin] [0.25] Deadly Reentry v6.2.1

- [Plugin] [0.25] Ferram Aerospace Research: v0.14.3.2

- [Plugin] [0.25] Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.9

- [Plugin] [0.25] Kerbal Joint Reinforcement v2.4.4

- [Plugin] [0.25] Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics

- [Plugin] [0.25] TweakScale - Rescale Everything! (v1.44)

- [Plugin] [0.25] [Release 3-8] [Oct 16, 2014] Active Texture Management - Save RAM!

- [Plugin] [0.25] KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

- [Plugin] [0.25] Vanguard Technologies | EVA parachutes | .23! .24! .25!

- [Plugin] [Part, 0.25] Anatid Robotics / MuMech - Mechjeb - Autopilot - v2.4.0

- [Plugin] [Plugin] [Part] [Release] [.25.0] Interstellar Flight Inc. - Kerbal Life Support Mod

- [Plugin] Kethane Pack 0.9.2

- B9_Aerospace_Pack-r5.2.6

Picture:

ksp_modsofui4.png

Log-File - Download:

http://filehorst.de/d/bJvuykEJ (That is from "KSP_Data", is that the right one?)

Log-File - Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m9o8fu4edip5n6/output_log.txt?dl=0

My System:

- Windows 7 64

- 18 GB Ram

- ATI Radeon HD (with a cool number yeah ^^ A old one)

- Starting KSP NOT in 64 (Just the 32-One because i was told so)

- Everything updated and works as intended (Windows Updates, Steam, Direct X etc.)

Dont think that the System-Informations are needed but in case i posted a few of them.

So, is there a special Installation-Order? Or even a Modpack? Or... a way to do it "For Dummies..."? Or is there even a Way "KSP Modding for Dummies"? Because i think i made somewhere a mistake (Add Link, Install, Add Link, Install). Used the KSP Mod Admin and used on all Yellow-Mods "Solve Problem".

Would be nice if someone knows what to do. You can also yell at me if thats helps ^^

THX! And stay crunchy.

Edited by FiesesAlien

Okay,

ive read some of the articles but atm iam too tired, i will try to self-help me tomorrow afternoon, maybe i'll find the error by myself ^^ But ksp seems to hate me when it comes down to modding (Skyrim loves me, ksp not :P).

Thanks @ NathanKell for moving the Thread and giving me some hints.

Stay crunchy.

Hey.

So i tried to reinstall everything from 0 on and it seems it doesnt work. Same like before. I will start to switch off single mods one for one to see which one is causing problems or i will just take the 0.24 List from Scott Manley because those Mods worked just fine :) Maybe most of them are 0.25 ready. But if someone has the answer for me, just tell me :)

Stay crunchy.

Hello there ! From the screenshot you posted, I see you're using a Mod utility of sorts. I've never used one of these myself and while they are supposed to make things easier, I'd advise against using it : it's not hard at all to install a mod in KSP, all you have to do is unzip the file downloaded from here on the forum and place the folder inside the GameData directory. Just make sure you're actually copying the right folder since it depends on the original .zip file folder structure (you should however always find a GameData in each .zip file, so you just have to drag and drop the contents to your KSP/GameData folder).

That being said, if some mod doesn't work perfectly, the usual troubleshoot method is to isolate the issue by removing every other and attempting to run the game with the only troublesome one. Ferram and MechJeb should add an icon to the toolbar you see on the upper right corner (only in flight for MechJeb, and you have to install the MechJeb part on your ship before launch). If they appear, it should mean they work properly.

As for Deadly Reentry, the last update made things a little bit more tricky : basically, the rule of thumb as NathanKell puts it, is that you should never attempt to deploy your chutes at a subsonic velocity (330 m/s). As long as you're below 330 m/s, you're fine, otherwise the chutes will be ripped off and bad things will happen to our little green friends. Under normal conditions (a reentry with just a pod), chutes can be deployed from about 12-10 km, but that depends on other factors so you're better off just checking that speed in your navball.

I don't use the LifeSupport mod (I prefer TAC Life Support over the one you quoted) and I switched from Kethane to Karbonite so I can't help you with these.

That should at least resolve some of your issues : be sure to come back with the other ones and I'll try to help you the best I can.

Yeah, wI have yet to see a mod manager be of real use in KSP, and often had broken RSS installs based on that program...

But anyway: if you post a log, per the guidelines, we can help. If not, there' not much we can say other than "good luck" -- it's highly unlikely to be a mod incompatibility, so changing the list of mods won't fix it.

Hey.

I rised now from the bed and will start to work on KSP-Mods. Yeah, the ModProgram installed it the same way i do. It just keeps the downloaded-files on one place and let me see if there are any compatibility problems. But i will reinstall everything again without the tool and switch back to TAC-Life Support (I oversaw that the LS wasnt the one i use normally ^^)

@Jashin

Is Kethane & Karbonite the "same" in things like "making fuel" and stuff? I never gone so far that i had to use that.

@NathanKell

Uploaded the log file also on dropbox (what is wrong with the other one? Just the same ^^)

Thx for your help! Glad iam not alone when i start to try to solve the problem(s) :) I hate it beeing alone.

Stay crunchy.

I'll let people more competent than me delve into the logs you posted, meanwhile I can answer your last question : Kethane and Karbonite share the same end-game goal, that is collecting ressources to make fuel on any planet you want. They differ in some details, such as how you scan a planet for ressources and the way ressources are scattered (in Kethane, a planet is divided in multiple hexagons, each containing either 0 fuel or a definite amount of it ; in Karbonite however, there is always fuel everywhere, albeit the concentration greatly varies depending on the location and fuel can never be depleted). It's up to you to choose one among these two, I'd say Karbonite has a greater number of new parts to use however (new airplane/spaceplane engines, rocket engines, landing legs for your fuel platforms, etc.) hence my own preference.

I also noticed in your first post that you're using ATM or Active Texture Management : the current version seems to behave oddly for some users due to new bugs in the way KSP loads textures. If the game launches fine without it now, you should probably just remove it until a more reliable version comes out, right now it's a bit wonky. If KSP crashes during loading (mods consume a great deal of RAM, and KSP cannot use more than 3.6 GB), a common trick is to force the game to use without using DirectX : all you have to do is create a shortcut of KSP.exe, right-click on the shortcut and add at the end of the target field -force-opengl. That will replace DirectX by the OpenGL process, which uses way less RAM (don't ask me why though !) : on my install, I've seen a 1 GB gain from that little trick.

Have fun !

FiesesAlien: I must have missed the link before then, sorry.

I noticed a *lot* of exceptions in your log, but the first thing to check:

Do you have, anywhere under GameData, more than 1 Module Manager dll ? You need one, only one, it should be in the root of GameData, and it should be version 2.5.1.

Hey,

thx for the help. Yes, i had only 1 Module Manager dll and it was the 2.5.1 so far. I think it was some of the mods that didnt want to work with each other. So i have a brand new install, again with a lot of mods but they work (Tested Mod after Mod and i use now Karbonite instead of Kethane because of the thing i always found annoying: "Which techtree in r&d lab?" and this seems not working at all if you have lot of parts-mods).

B9 also had a horrible amount of issues: Every part now was doubled...

Also in the Moment i have 2 dll: 2.3.5 and 2.5.1, seems to have no issues. In Version 0.24 i had also 6 dlls and it worked. Think just the newest will be working when the game starts (maybe its a intern check or something like that?).

This time not so detailed but thats the Mods currently working:

- Deadly Reentry (Lost now 3 Kerbals... poor guys...)

- EngineerRedux (Without that i woudnt even reach the Moon ^^)

- FAR (Well.. the dV-Tables completely wrong now but its okay ^^)

- Karbonite

- FTT

- KAS

- Kerbal Joint Reinforcements

- KW Rocketry

- Modular Rocket Systems (Part Pack)

- Station Science

- Tac Life Support

- Toolbar

- VNG Parachute

- Active Texture Management (Basic Version this time, not the aggressive one)

So, those all working absolutely perfect. Newest Version of all and only MechJeb will joining the Family. So everything works now, i also tried to fix the other mod-pack i installed but too much back-tracking and testing so i decided to go with my standard-one :)

Also i did the installation by hand again. But the Program works too (does the same like i do).

Big THX for the help guys! Now i will discover the Mün again!

Stay crunchy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.