Mun Contracts Not Showing Up

So I am a fairly experienced player, testing out a maximum stock difficulty campaign. Rewards at 10%, starting funds 0, negative starting reputation, etc. I've found this to be fairly doable, although my mountain landing program sadly led to the loss of one kerbal (should have bailed out when it started to slide!) I have a Mun mission in orbit, ready to go.

However, I have a problem: I am not getting the Mun exploration contract. I did the initial Kerbin orbit contracts, some miscellaneous parts testing contracts, and several "science data around Kerbin" contracts. I have no active contracts, and I can accelerate time seemingly ad infinitum, but the Mun contracts have yet to show up for me.

What gives? Is there something I need to have before Mun exploration contracts show up? I certainly don't have much in the way of resources, but I do have positive reputation, positive funds, and at least some science unlocked.

I certainly never thought there were any pre-reqs for the Mun contracts, but then again I was used to unlocking the Mun after the first flight with much more science and rewards, I've looked around for info on this, but haven't found any, so if there is anything a player has to have before receiving Mun contracts, it would be nice to have that information out there.

Contracts are given based on your current reputation standing. It's a way for the game to gauge how well the player is doing and hand out contracts accordingly. If you have a low rep, the game assumes you aren't doing well, so it will try to give you easier contracts.

Contracts are given based on your current reputation standing. It's a way for the game to gauge how well the player is doing and hand out contracts accordingly. If you have a low rep, the game assumes you aren't doing well, so it will try to give you easier contracts.

Yes, the other parameter is achievements of landing on bodies, Mun, Minmus, then Eve, Duna and Ike as a group, then Gilly, Jool, Pol Bop, Tylo, Val and Laythe.

Note that passing trough the SOI of an body result in you don't getting any explore contract for it. Sun is not included as far as i know, might be if you never passed outside kerbin SOI before doing Mun and Minmus.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - this is why the game should allow you to "negotiate" your own contracts. The current system is too leading. You should be able to choose a destination, an activity, and maybe the time-frame too, then you get offers of funds and/or science based on your reputation. If I want to leave Kerbin SOI on mission 2, I should be able to find someone to pay me for it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.