[WIP] Eskandare Heavy Industries, DEV THREAD

Eskandare

Honestly Eskandare, I am liking the work. But I would think you would benefit from a bit more focus, finish one thing then move on to the next thing. Granted your work is outstanding, that BTR looks great.

Honestly Eskandare, I am liking the work. But I would think you would benefit from a bit more focus, finish one thing then move on to the next thing. Granted your work is outstanding, that BTR looks great.

I agree. Lol I admit I've been a little ADD with my new found modeling skill. It has been like a giant new world opened for me to create anything I want or even imagine.

Currently done with the alpha of the SU Seris Fuselage, just got to write a config file. Also, I'll be adding fsTexture switch.

One set back, I'm having trouble with the missiles' thrust transform not animating nor unity compiling the smoke texture.

I ran into that issue with the thrust transform a few versions ago, I cant remember how I fixed it.

I hope to fix it before downloadable alpha release. I've been working on my other mods. Usually, when I get stuck and get frustrated, I go work on something else so once I revisit the problem I can look at it with a clear mind.

Question, would anyone like a functioning helicarrier?

Edited by Eskandare
grammar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ask you with all my heart to please never stop working on this. On another note, that APC was great and I can't wait to see what else you make. I'll admit I don't like Russian Craft over US Craft, but I'll take what I can get and have fun with it..

I may revisit the ejection seat. All I need to do is have a plugin that does the same for the external command seat but allows the player to see an IVA.

While the ejection seat from .17 was kinda cool, I think it's "easier" to integrate Vanguard's Kreuzung's EVA Parachute mod into that cockpit.

It'd probably be less failure-prone as well.

I ask you with all my heart to please never stop working on this. On another note, that APC was great and I can't wait to see what else you make. I'll admit I don't like Russian Craft over US Craft, but I'll take what I can get and have fun with it..

Don't worry I haven't given up on the project, I just took a break for the busy holiday season. I'll be completing the first part soon.

There are already a couple of us aircraft mods available I believe an F-16 and BahamutoD made a beautiful F-22 cockpit.

I really like russian fighters, really looking forward to the su cockpit , but i suggest let it have switchable textured like some of the parts in b9. I really hope you can add the digital camo styled textures!

Yes it will have FS texture switch. Also I'm adding procedural wings for those who want to make Kerbally aircraft with wild wing designs.

While the ejection seat from .17 was kinda cool, I think it's "easier" to integrate Vanguard's Kreuzung's EVA Parachute mod into that cockpit.

It'd probably be less failure-prone as well.

I had already integrated the vanguard code but I have not tested it in .90 yet.

Edited by Eskandare

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Re: FTL drives

What we are lacking is a proper jump drive.

Inb4 "LOLZ hyperedit" or "that's cheating"

I propose the following:

The Quantum Entanglement Drive.

1. Requires ludicrous amounts of EC delivered instantaneously, this means you need lots of power storage and generation capacity
  2. Imparts no velocity or direction at destination of jump other than what the vehicle possessed at origin, thus requiring serious sublight maneuvering engines
  3. Creates a zone of instability for at least 100 kilometers around the ship in all directions, Kraken effects and explosions for all, so no jumping from the ground

The important thing is that it requires a sizable ship to meet the above requirements, so no more FTLing satellites or planetary missions into position, this only becomes useful on a mothership and said mothership has to get out of the gravity well without the FTL drive.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2014 at 7:19 PM, Eskandare said:

minus the ejection seat.

in fact, all you'd have to do is make a hollow cockpit, put a decoupler on the canopy, make a small separatron, a small chute and here you go, use an external seat for ejection ofc but you'd have a functional ejection seat with a compatible cockpit

-Edit- 

I should have read the last page ^_^'

Edited by Falco01

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.