Career mode

That can happen if you send missions there early on in your space program. The same is true for altitude records if your first or second flight goes for orbit.

If you conduct your space program in small steps, those good contracts will quickly appear in order of difficulty.

The contracts you are offered are based upon where you've already been and what your reputation is.

If it's taken 139 days to do the initial contracts...did you kill enough kerbals to trash your reputation in the process? Or are you using a reputation-burning strategy like Aggressive Negotiations?

What contracts are on offer?

I have one that is get science data around kerbin test alot of different parts and rescue a kerman from kerbin and I have not killed any kerbals my reputation is also on the green side. I have one strategy and that is fundraising campaign it takes 45% of my reputation gain

Hmmn. Not quite sure what's going on there, then.

It may be worth having a try at rejecting a bunch of the offered contracts and seeing if the game replaces them with Mun exploration offers. There may be a limit on how many contracts are offered at any one time. It's also probably worth having a look at your completed contracts tab in the Mission Control building, just to confirm that the initial "get to orbit" contracts were successfully passed rather than failed or expired.

In the meantime, go rescue that poor floating kerbal from orbit. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.