Remember your first launches?

serolrom

My early crafts ;) I made airplanes first before making rockets :P

dDENrpo.jpg

My first VTOL that can takeoff but can't land, back when overpowered reaction wheels didn't existed...

fwX8h1w.jpg

78YqIe3.jpg

I will always remember doing Mun orbit transfers by raising the apoasis 15 degres ahead of the Mun technique as taught by the game tutorial, I had no idea orbital planners exist LOL

Edited by Jetenginestar

I cant remember exactly but i think the first launch was like

Command pod with lfo and engine

Launch pad

Hitting space

Waiting for lift off

Clicking like a madmann evrything on screen

Thinking that doing the tutorial might be a good idea

After that i had ( and have till now) many staging errors, twr issues, etc.befor i got to orbit

And jeb had to fly 40km in EVA to a rescue commandpod because he had played around with the throttle to much to get back home

But i made it to the moon without any further tutorials (i only made the basic ones) and that was very satisfying

Yup. I flew like I was playing Orbiter - and without Orbiter's HUD or orbit MFD had a bit of trouble. Eventually figured out that that was what the Navball and map view were for. :) Then watched a Scott Manley tutorial video or four and haven't looked back. :) Rockets rule.

I had just downloaded the demo because the trailers made the game look awesome. I hastily put a rocket together, not knowing which end should point where. I made it to about 8km when my boosters became WMDs. One lit booster spun around at killed Jeb in his pod. The look on Jeb's face just before death put me into hysterics.

I immediately bought the full game.

My first play was on version 0.10.1 I thought the objective was to simply fly straight up as fast and far as you could.. I felt quite sad when I managed to reach escape velocity in a craft that had no chance of stabilizing and no fuel. I gave it up for some time after that, but can't back somewhere around the release of 0.18.

My first launch was a simple rocket and it was in sandbox mode. It made a 75km x 100km orbit with ease. I almost quit playing after that then I found FAR and DRE. I have been hooked ever since, making space plane SSTOs since 2013.

I remember when I found out about the game when it was 0.9. Back then there was no Mac support so I went straight for the Scott's tutorials, and started learning before I could even play the game. When 0.11 came out I downloaded a bunch of OP mods, and started mucking around. I even remember my first rendezvous, with no map indicators, or anything. Was so proud of myself. And then I laser'd the other vessel immediately.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.