Textures are messed up when used in KSP.

I have my model in unity and the textures are set right, displayed right and tried "KSP Diffuse"(got that from the part tools) and regular diffuse. I have exported my model and textures from unity like is mentioned in this tutorial but this is what happens:

Unity:

ZDRUFxF.png

KSP:

qzRs8lf.png

What is the problem here and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks!

Edited by dominique120

1 KSP shader per object. you probably have MultiSub object materials carrying over from Max.

That is exactly what I have in MAX. One Multi/sub object material with 17 submaterials(some of these submaterials have submaterials of their own). I'll have to split it all up for it to work I guess. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
1 KSP shader per object. you probably have MultiSub object materials carrying over from Max.

I wish this was a sticky, this is easily the most asked question. My thread here covers this problem.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/75803-Only-a-fraction-of-my-custom-part-loads-into-KSP

I'll rewrite it to be simpler & more clearly define the solution.

edit: no offense dominique, sweet model. It would be easier to break this craft up though. Into main fuselage, wing sections, and engines. It will make the .cfg so much easier

Edited by clown_baby

The solution to this problem is already in my sticky. It's a different thread. I added a new section for common problems a few days ago. It still needs filling. I deally there should be a separate thread for common problems to increase visibility.

Edited by Cpt. Kipard

BTW I looked through that thread of yours. That's a lot of reading for something that takes one sentence to explain. Didn't mean to steal your thunder, but people on the internet have very short attention spans.

edit: I just noticed the explanation at the top.

BTW I looked through that thread of yours. That's a lot of reading for something that takes one sentence to explain. Didn't mean to steal your thunder, but people on the internet have very short attention spans.

Haha yeah I know. That thread is from my early days. That's why I would have to rewrite it.

Sorry to hijack your thread doninique

Edited by clown_baby

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.