Science to fill Tech-Tree?

I am pretty sure this has been asked before and I could find out the answer easily myself, but I am not on my KSP-mashine right now.

How much science do you need to fill the (unmoved) Tech-Tree?

Reason is this:

I started a new save with every update. So I drained Mun and Minmus four times now for science.

Now, this is 0.25. And I just can't bring myself at this point to do it again. It was fun, but the fifth time is not that much fun.

So, I will "cheat". I will give myself through editing the persistence file the amount of science it takes to fill it. (And just stipulate that I did get a bunch of science on Mun and Minmus.)

Why, you may ask? Because I like the stuff about contracts and fundings and missions and cost effectiveness and the works.

I just don't want to do the work to get the science AGAIN.

I would suggest grabbing the FinePrint mod - a) it'll be stock in 0.90, B) the contracts are more interesting than stock as a rule, IMHO and c) the contracts pay more as a rule. Combine that with a set of strategies that converts money/rep to science and you might be able to fill out the tech tree without leaving Kerbin at all...

Another solution is to "rebalance" the Mun and Minmus using this mod. I've used this to set science modifiers around Mun and Minmus to 1x and surface to 2x. Combined with 50% science, and difficulty mods make this is a really challenging game that doesn't require you to impose any artificial limitations when it comes to Kerbin's SOI.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.