[1.1.2] Realism Overhaul v11.0.0 May 8

Felger

Either options show something like this:

screenshot690.jpg

Seems like something is working, since the fuel type shows up, but I can't customize anything else. And also, after I've filled a tank with Kerosene+oxygen, this is what happens when I fly it:

screenshot691.jpg

Yeah, the rocket is moving, but no plumes, fire nothing.

Does the installation order matter? I installed all the dependencies first and then overwrite everything with the RO mod.

Edited by Insanitic

I'm no expert, but I've found switching to any craft with a cupola module causes them to fly apart.

yep, it has a cupola module, that seems very odd though, maybe i'll try placing a cupola in orbit and see what happens.

Either options show something like this:

http://s27.postimg.org/flukugieb/screenshot690.jpg

Seems like something is working, since the fuel type shows up, but I can't customize anything else. And also, after I've filled a tank with Kerosene+oxygen, this is what happens when I fly it:

http://s3.postimg.org/hznvrzosz/screenshot691.jpg

Yeah, the rocket is moving, but no plumes, fire nothing.

Does the installation order matter? I installed all the dependencies first and then overwrite everything with the RO mod.

My experience is that the install order doesn't matter, but it's worth a try reinstalling RO first, accept the recommendations, then adding on top. My problems have usually been more catastrophic than this though! Wild guess, is it possible that the rocket plume (name?) module got a version update but RO isn't requiring an old version? I can look at my versions tonight and see if we can hunt that down.

You should definitely install RO last, or second-to-last if using RP-0.

First thing to check: do you have smokescreen.dll?

Yes, I have the plugin for 0.90. And I have installed RO last. I'm really at a loss of what to do to get RO to work. Maybe I'll try installing with CKAN though I doubt that'll change things.

@vosechu Maybe I'll try installing RO first. I'll try anything right now.

CKAN would be what I suggest. If you still have problems, post your logs.

I tried installing with CKAN with no additional mods, just the bare requirements of RO (remote tech, RSS, TAC, Real fuels etc) and I still have the problem.

Here's the log, just after I launched KSP to see if the engines are still giving me group id error options (which they still are).

At least now when I tried launching it, smoke effects and engine effects appeared again so that's something.

Here's the output log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsa773na3ltt28l/output_log.txt?dl=0

UPDATE: Interestingly enough, when I deleted RO and installed your Reaching for the Stars config, the error still remains. Only Stockalike Real Fuels configs work.

Edited by Insanitic

I tried installing with CKAN with no additional mods, just the bare requirements of RO (remote tech, RSS, TAC, Real fuels etc) and I still have the problem.

Here's the log, just after I launched KSP to see if the engines are still giving me group id error options (which they still are).

At least now when I tried launching it, smoke effects and engine effects appeared again so that's something.

Here's the output log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsa773na3ltt28l/output_log.txt?dl=0

UPDATE: Interestingly enough, when I deleted RO and installed your Reaching for the Stars config, the error still remains. Only Stockalike Real Fuels configs work.

Did you install SmokeScreen? I don't know if its still the case, but in the past I had a similar problem with many rockets and that was why. Installing Smokescreen fixed it for me then. If you didn't install it, I would suggest doing so. Worth a try.

I had exactly the same problem as @Insanitic and after installing SmokeScreen most of the engines wold overheat and explode within a couple of seconds, have no exhaust effects and no sound either.

My only conclusion is that there is some problem with my Intel HD graphics drivers with SmokeScreen effects. Stock FX shows up fine.

I had exactly the same problem as @Insanitic and after installing SmokeScreen most of the engines wold overheat and explode within a couple of seconds, have no exhaust effects and no sound either.

My only conclusion is that there is some problem with my Intel HD graphics drivers with SmokeScreen effects. Stock FX shows up fine.

But this is not the problem I have. My problem is that it seems like all.my engines when using RO have corrupt configs or something since when I right click any engine, it gives me weird options like "Assign group id" or "Clear group id"

My mistake. I was referencing the missing FX problems.

Aren't those options things for Engine Group Controller? I've had them for a long time. Since 0.25 if I remember correctly. Never bothered me.

My mistake. I was referencing the missing FX problems.

Aren't those options things for Engine Group Controller? I've had them for a long time. Since 0.25 if I remember correctly. Never bothered me.

I don't think so. The buttons I'm getting like "Assign group id" that appear when I right click on an engine part is supposed to be the buttons that actually choose the fuel type and tech level that the engine will use and be at, like Kerosene+oxygen. Has no one ever experienced this? It's like the Realism Overhaul engine configs are not working. Look at page 153 of this thread. I posted a picture of what my problem looks like.

When I use stockalike engine configs, none of this happens. My engine right click menus show the correct fuel options and tech level.

Insanitic. Yeah it is. Clear as crystal in your logs:

Load(Assembly): EngineGroupController/Plugins/EngineGroupContoller

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

AssemblyLoader: Loading assembly at D:\Kerbal Space Program ALTERNATE 0.90\GameData\EngineGroupController\Plugins\EngineGroupContoller.dll

Everything is working as it should. In RO you don't choose tech level, fuel type etc. You get a list of REAL engines when you push that Show Engine GUI button. Those are your options. Period. They are pre-configured to act like the engine you choose.

To clarify it further, there are indeed some engines where you can choose between earlier and later versions, which could be considered "tech levels" and which sometimes use different fuels, but these are in minority, for most engines there is no such option.

Hello!

I have a question about these videos I was watching recently.

What means does this guy use for attitude control while his thrusters are all off?

Mainly I mean the roll channel of the actual rocket stages.

And what are the four tiny things near the solids decouplers on the bottom stage of Delta II?

Thank you!

Late response, but: those videos are pretty old; I made them when RO still had overpowered reaction wheels and used those for first stage roll control. The newer videos use vernier engines and RCS instead. I don't remember exactly what those things at the bottom of the stage were, but they were probably just struts for the boosters since Kerbal Joint Reinforcement didn't work as well back then.

Edited by A1Ch1

To clarify it further, there are indeed some engines where you can choose between earlier and later versions, which could be considered "tech levels" and which sometimes use different fuels, but these are in minority, for most engines there is no such option.

Yes it all makes sense now. I'm not sure why I got so confused in the first place. Maybe it's because I have always played with stockalike's customizable engine configs whenever I fly in RSS.

Thanks for the great mod Nathan. Can't wait to see what's next in store for this mod.