[0.90] Regolith - an open ISRU and Resource framework [0.1.7 - 2015.02.26]

RoverDude

Straight off the front page

"No reliance on PNGs (it was making support for stuff like StarSystems, etc. tough)"

This doesn't say if that support is built in already or if it's a WIP. I wouldn't have asked if it had said something along the lines of having support already that worked. The multiple star systems mod just got stable enough for release after all.

This doesn't say if that support is built in already or if it's a WIP. I wouldn't have asked if it had said something along the lines of having support already that worked. The multiple star systems mod just got stable enough for release after all.

Yes but Regolith is in use now for all of Rovers mods, including Karbonite and MKS, so planetary resources is definitely functional.

Yes but Regolith is in use now for all of Rovers mods, including Karbonite and MKS, so planetary resources is definitely functional.
Right, this is released. The bit being quoted was in reference to WHY I built this (i.e. I wanted no reliance on PNGs because a PNG requirement makes supporting things like Start Systems, etc.)

So it's not yet implemented, still WIP. No PNG reliance allows for said support though, just need to figure out how to.

I'm willing to help out with debugging it RoverDude, I actually really want the ability to send kerbals out into the far yonder =D

So it's not yet implemented, still WIP. No PNG reliance allows for said support though, just need to figure out how to.

I'm willing to help out with debugging it RoverDude, I actually really want the ability to send kerbals out into the far yonder =D

You are confused. It IS released, it IS implemented, it is NOT WIP.

If you were to drop this into StarSystems today... or any planet mod.. with any Regolith mod... it would just work.

You are confused. It IS released, it IS implemented, it is NOT WIP.

If you were to drop this into StarSystems today... or any planet mod.. with any Regolith mod... it would just work.

I definitely love you. You are my favorite modder by far, and if I wasn't short on cash for needing to rebuild my computer, I'd donate to you. I'm doing that for Valentines day.

The OP isn't clear to me on it being already implemented though =P

XSorry if I missed it, do we need to download this now for your other mods, or is this going to be bundled with any of your mods that will require it?

I simply download the USI_ALLMODS from his dropbox.

How exactly do you get an asteroid to have resources? It isn't working for me.

Do you need other mods?

This is just a resource framework. It would be used by mods, such as Rovers Asteroid Recycling Technology. It doesn't really "do" anything on its own.

This is just a resource framework. It would be used by mods, such as Rovers Asteroid Recycling Technology. It doesn't really "do" anything on its own.

Yes, I installed that, yet there are no resources.

EDIT: Where can I find your dropbox, rover?

So... this happened.

http://i.imgur.com/ZiAq6kt.jpg

When I switched to my asteroid base, all that was left was one excavator, with nothing else, and that picture above is Kerbin. I have no idea what the heck happened.

Jeb broke the universe again. He does that sometimes, when mission control doesn't let him have his way. :P Seriously tho, that's weird.

0.1.1 is up!

This fixes an issue with some weird resource abundance rates - I'll be re-releasing several mods that use this, but just so folks who also need this for their own mods get the heads up, there's a new version on DropBox.

So this may be more appropriate for Karbonite or MKS, but since it affects all of them I figured I would ask here. Since the resource maps are made per save, and I assume are static, will the fix force an update or would you need to start a new game to generate less weird abundance rates? Of course I ask not really knowing how regolith does its thing under the hood.

0.1.1 is up!

This fixes an issue with some weird resource abundance rates - I'll be re-releasing several mods that use this, but just so folks who also need this for their own mods get the heads up, there's a new version on DropBox.

Yep. Looking much better now.

jX7R4yW.png

I'll need to tweak the cutoff values a bit so that you can get a clear picture of the distribution, but otherwise I think this is almost ready. The biome edges aren't too spiky, you can see it if you zoom in on some areas. The distortion at the poles caused by using flat maps can make things look a little funny, but there's not really much to be done about that.