[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

The 5m fuel tanks failed to show up in the vab or hanger... I got around that with resize parts mod, but there's a glitch that causes one part to revert back to the original sizes and its glitchy as hell... any ideas how to get this working please? Keep up the good work!

The 5m fuel tanks failed to show up in the vab or hanger... I got around that with resize parts mod, but there's a glitch that causes one part to revert back to the original sizes and its glitchy as hell... any ideas how to get this working please? Keep up the good work!

If you're playing in either the career or science modes, you may have to go look in the R&B building first. With ModuleManager installed, SpaceY will put the 5m parts into a new tech node that you'll need to unlock.

TweakScale has an auto-sizing feature where the parts will get rescaled based on what you're attaching them to, and it doesn't always get it "right". The scaling often breaks if you're rescaling the "root" node (the first part placed).

None of these are strictly "problems" with SpaceY, it's just how the mods are working together. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

You should try to make more launch clamps! Maybe like an actual tower or something like on the Atlas V or Delta II pads. :0

Yeah, I'm thinking about it. :) I like the FASA launch towers and the like. There are some good ideas out there.

Yeah, there are, but I've never seen like modern day towers. Like again I bring up Atlas V and Delta and such.

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Z73.jpghttp://space.skyrocket.de/img_lau/delta-7925__navstar-2r-12__1.jpg

Yeah, the modern ones are pretty simple from the exterior (the grey rectangular structure). Most of the trickiness comes from how to handle the attachment arms and the retraction. Also, one of the quirks that KSP has is that while the "head" gets rotated around based on what it's attached to, the "tower" portion always faces the same way, no matter which side of the rocket it's on. So while it's doable, it has to be done in such a way as to look OK even if the attachment arm sticks out of the tower at a diagonal angle.

If you're playing in either the career or science modes, you may have to go look in the R&B building first. With ModuleManager installed, SpaceY will put the 5m parts into a new tech node that you'll need to unlock.

TweakScale has an auto-sizing feature where the parts will get rescaled based on what you're attaching them to, and it doesn't always get it "right". The scaling often breaks if you're rescaling the "root" node (the first part placed).

None of these are strictly "problems" with SpaceY, it's just how the mods are working together. ;)

Oh man! Thanks I finished the tech tree pretty early on and didn't even think to look there, the parts are all there, AND YOU'RE RIGHT about the rescaled part being the root node. and way I could manually fix that? w8 nvm game crashed and destroyed the solar system...

laythe, YOU'D BETTER WATCH OUT BECAUSE IM COMING FOR YOU....

You're the man necrobones keep it up!!!

I got one more performance question for you, I'm playing ksp on a gaming laptop with 16gb of ram, 2 750mgts video cards in SLI, and a fairly recent core i7. I get terrible frame rate whenever anything with 300+ parts is being rendered. are there any mods or settings you could recommend to minimize this? changing anti aliasing and textures dont seem to do anything...:confused:

I got one more performance question for you, I'm playing ksp on a gaming laptop with 16gb of ram, 2 750mgts video cards in SLI, and a fairly recent core i7. I get terrible frame rate whenever anything with 300+ parts is being rendered. are there any mods or settings you could recommend to minimize this? changing anti aliasing and textures dont seem to do anything...:confused:

Yeah, it's probably CPU speed. It almost always is, with KSP. :) Laptops are often clocked a little slower. You might want to check whether your laptop throttles itself based on temperature, or whether it's running on battery, etc. Most CPUs these days should keep up with 300 parts or so pretty well, but with laptops you never know what temperature or power-saving settings they may have.

The 'Ratite' is missing the bottom attachment node, using v0.13

That's by design. It's meant for use as a lower-stage only. I may think about revisiting that at some point though. But for now, you'll probably want to use a Skipper or Mainsail, believe it or not. :) Or you can use the M1, but for now that one has conical fairings. That was part of the idea though, to insert these new engines without obsoleting the existing ones.

Edited by NecroBones

@NecroBones, first of all, great mod, so congratulations!

I'm finding a strange issue with the last version, only visual. For some reason the first stage (obviously when throttled) did not show the.. how can I say.. "fire" caming out from the rockets, but it works anyway correctly. Have you ever encountered this problem?

Thanks

@NecroBones, first of all, great mod, so congratulations!

I'm finding a strange issue with the last version, only visual. For some reason the first stage (obviously when throttled) did not show the.. how can I say.. "fire" caming out from the rockets, but it works anyway correctly. Have you ever encountered this problem?

Thanks

Hi there, do you know which engine(s) you saw the problem with? And are you using HotRockets or anything else that modifies those visuals? It's possible I goofed something up (or maybe it's another mod), but this will tell me where to start looking.

Hi there, do you know which engine(s) you saw the problem with? And are you using HotRockets or anything else that modifies those visuals? It's possible I goofed something up (or maybe it's another mod), but this will tell me where to start looking.

The engine is the Ratite! And no, I'm not using visual mods. As soon as I can I will made some investigation on the log files and let you know!

The engine is the Ratite! And no, I'm not using visual mods. As soon as I can I will made some investigation on the log files and let you know!

As far as I can tell, they're all working on my side. Do you know which version of the mod you're using?

Have you ever considered posting WIP and like dev screenshots and stuff? It tends to get the hype up for the next update. :0

Yeah, I used to post a lot of them actually. Development on my mods slowed down a lot in the last couple of months (which I knew would happen). I'm not adding a ton of stuff right now, but the next update is slated for a new SRB. Check it out:

KSP%202015-05-13%2016-53-04-52.jpg

Oh, very nice! The nozzles look a little strange in the picture though... I'm not sure what's wrong, but they seem... off.

(The joy of WIP screenshots, CRITICISM! :D)

They're slanted (somewhat like some of the Delta and Titan historical examples), that's all. :)

They're slanted (somewhat like some of the Delta and Titan historical examples), that's all. :)

Some of the the Titan SRB's had thrust vectoring via fluid injection (with an odd-looking smaller-diameter piggyback tank for the fluid). Important since the core liquid fueled motors weren't lit on the pad...

Some of the the Titan SRB's had thrust vectoring via fluid injection (with an odd-looking smaller-diameter piggyback tank for the fluid). Important since the core liquid fueled motors weren't lit on the pad...

Is that why the Titan III's SRMs had the little red tank on the side? :0

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.