[1.4] SpaceY Heavy-Lifter Parts Pack v1.17.1 (2018-04-02)

NecroBones

As far as I can tell, they're all working on my side. Do you know which version of the mod you're using?

I'm using the latest (0.13) but I found the conflict! It seems a problem with QuizTech Aero Pack (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111691-WIP-1-0-2-QuizTech-Aero-Pack-v1-2-4-Updated-5-6-15-New-Cockpit!)

I think that I will try to solve it, being a conflict I don't think that is worth spending your time NecroBones and neither the time of Quiznos323

Thank you anyway!

I can see they're slanted but I was talking like texture and general shape~

Yup, you wanted to see work-in-progress... ;) lol. Updated screenshot below, since I did end up working on those a little more.

Yup, that's what it was for.

Awesome, I was wondering, but never took the time to look it up. Thanks!

I'm using the latest (0.13) but I found the conflict! It seems a problem with QuizTech Aero Pack (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/111691-WIP-1-0-2-QuizTech-Aero-Pack-v1-2-4-Updated-5-6-15-New-Cockpit!)

I think that I will try to solve it, being a conflict I don't think that is worth spending your time NecroBones and neither the time of Quiznos323

Thank you anyway!

OK cool. Glad to hear you narrowed it down! Good luck. :)

Updated SRB screenshot:

KSP%202015-05-13%2021-27-47-02.jpg

Alrighty, 0.13.1 is up. I was tempted to call it "1.0", but I'll wait a little longer. We're at a point where I'm still making tweaks and adding things, just more slowly, and not making big overhauls anymore.

0.13.1 (2015-05-14) - SRB adjustments, etc
- Corrected several TweakScale settings to allow scaling of various engines, plus fairings and heat shield.
- Small amount of gimbal added to 2.5m SRBs.
- Added an intermediate sized radial SRB.

Necro, love the mod. Really nice work. But, have a question.....finally transitioning lifters from .90 to 1.x and cannot load them in 1.0 due to in invalid engine part (5m MOA). Come to find out, it look like the part name got changed between versions. I can go through find/replace the part name if necessary, but was wondering if you think there will be any issues if I do that since there may be 1.0 specific changes that don't appear in the .90 craft file. Or, is there some other quick fix for correcting the issue?

Thanks!

ps - I've already given up on my .90 saves and progress since of my 40+ flights/bases, 25+ of them won't load and are invalid due to changed part names and non-updated mods. It may just be quicker to remove the parts under .90 and re-add them in 1.0.

Ok. Worse then I thought. For some reason, the 5m fuel tanks of a .90 craft can be recognized by 1.0, and will load, however, they are completely missing from the craft once loaded!!! Weird!!! I really don't want to have to rebuild all these craft from scratch, so am wondering if there is any fix for this issues. Greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

.90 on launch pad.....

GKGUX3H.png

Same craft loaded VAB in 1.0....

VHJpqUc.png

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I have laughed this hard in quite some time.........

I found the "missing" 5m tanks.....If you look REAL hard, in that tiny blue circle, you can see the 5m tank....although...it ain't quite 5m any more!!!! :) Stats window also provided......pretty sure that is not quite enough fule to lift 1100 tons in to orbit with the 5m MOA engines!!!! :)

YH6zYLC.png

Necro, love the mod. Really nice work. But, have a question.....finally transitioning lifters from .90 to 1.x and cannot load them in 1.0 due to in invalid engine part (5m MOA). Come to find out, it look like the part name got changed between versions. I can go through find/replace the part name if necessary, but was wondering if you think there will be any issues if I do that since there may be 1.0 specific changes that don't appear in the .90 craft file. Or, is there some other quick fix for correcting the issue?

Thanks!

ps - I've already given up on my .90 saves and progress since of my 40+ flights/bases, 25+ of them won't load and are invalid due to changed part names and non-updated mods. It may just be quicker to remove the parts under .90 and re-add them in 1.0.

Ok. Worse then I thought. For some reason, the 5m fuel tanks of a .90 craft can be recognized by 1.0, and will load, however, they are completely missing from the craft once loaded!!! Weird!!! I really don't want to have to rebuild all these craft from scratch, so am wondering if there is any fix for this issues. Greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

.90 on launch pad.....

http://i.imgur.com/GKGUX3H.png

Same craft loaded VAB in 1.0....

http://i.imgur.com/VHJpqUc.png

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I have laughed this hard in quite some time.........

I found the "missing" 5m tanks.....If you look REAL hard, in that tiny blue circle, you can see the 5m tank....although...it ain't quite 5m any more!!!! :) Stats window also provided......pretty sure that is not quite enough fule to lift 1100 tons in to orbit with the 5m MOA engines!!!! :)

http://i.imgur.com/YH6zYLC.png

Yeah, for my mods I basically assumed that KSP 1.0 was save-breaking, even just due to all of the balance changes they made. Many vehicles that were designed in 0.90 just won't work the same in 1.0+. I think a lot of mods also took advantage of the opportunity to make save-breaking changes, or were abandoned.

But yeah, the K1 and M-series engines (M1,M5,M9) all had their internal IDs changed to match their names (it always bothered me after renaming them that the IDs were no longer "correct"). You can safely rename those in your save file, or your craft files. Other than some balance tweaks, the engines didn't have any alterations to their sizes or attachment nodes.

For your corrupted fuel tanks though... Wow. That's crazy. The tanks didn't really change at all (price adjustments, max temperature, and not much else). It has to be an interaction with another mod. The physical size and the capacity both are completely wrong compared to what SpaceY defines, but the "scale" slider is showing as "0.100m", so it looks like somehow you have TweakScale thinking that it should be 0.1m in diameter instead of 5m (2% normal size). Can you scale it back up, in place?

Yeah, for my mods I basically assumed that KSP 1.0 was save-breaking, even just due to all of the balance changes they made. Many vehicles that were designed in 0.90 just won't work the same in 1.0+. I think a lot of mods also took advantage of the opportunity to make save-breaking changes, or were abandoned.

But yeah, the K1 and M-series engines (M1,M5,M9) all had their internal IDs changed to match their names (it always bothered me after renaming them that the IDs were no longer "correct"). You can safely rename those in your save file, or your craft files. Other than some balance tweaks, the engines didn't have any alterations to their sizes or attachment nodes.

For your corrupted fuel tanks though... Wow. That's crazy. The tanks didn't really change at all (price adjustments, max temperature, and not much else). It has to be an interaction with another mod. The physical size and the capacity both are completely wrong compared to what SpaceY defines, but the "scale" slider is showing as "0.100m", so it looks like somehow you have TweakScale thinking that it should be 0.1m in diameter instead of 5m (2% normal size). Can you scale it back up, in place?

Good to know about the renaming. We use that in emergencies if I need to.

Yes, it rescaled back and appeared to be fine. Didn't try to fly it. I figured it is probably related to another mod like Teakscale of maybe the old Goodspeed pumps (it had a scale factor mod contained within it's inner working too). It was actually so funny and put me in such a good mood I said the heck with it and rebuilt it from scratch in 1.0. Helped clean up the design some anyways, so......take THAT 1.0!!! :)

Thanks for the info and keep turning out some of the best mods around!!!

Hey NecroBones, for 13.2, you might fix the bulkhead profile of your F03C nose cone tank (SYtank3mCone2) -- it's size 3, not 4.

EDIT: Why did I check what bulkhead profiles your parts have? Well...

fz2OlbH.png

I've figured out how to get Filter Extensions to put images to new size categories (and found an issue that Crzyrndm fixed to let my configs work).

Edited by Kerbas_ad_astra

Hi,

I have installed this mod and the only part that appears is the SpaceY separatron. I have tested this also in sandbox mode with a fresh game. No new nodes appear in the tech tree either... Anyone elsa has experienced this?

Thanks in advance,

R.

I've been noticing that many engines are too efficient and powerful, specially considering balance against their stock "counterpart" (like ratite/mainsail, moa/skipper), for example this comparison:

http://a.pomf.se/yokrxw.jpg

http://a.pomf.se/ggszfw.jpg

Many stock engines are too useless with SpaceY's engines... well in my opinion, of course.

Hey NecroBones, for 13.2, you might fix the bulkhead profile of your F03C nose cone tank (SYtank3mCone2) -- it's size 3, not 4.

EDIT: Why did I check what bulkhead profiles your parts have? Well...

http://i.imgur.com/fz2OlbH.png

I've figured out how to get Filter Extensions to put images to new size categories (and found an issue that Crzyrndm fixed to let my configs work).

Awesome, I've fixed the bulkhead profile for that cone. It's amazing how many copy-paste errors can crop up. :) And fantastic on the icon! I was hoping there would be a simple config file, or MM patch that could be done. I had made an icon and everything, but couldn't find a way to insert it.

Hi,

I have installed this mod and the only part that appears is the SpaceY separatron. I have tested this also in sandbox mode with a fresh game. No new nodes appear in the tech tree either... Anyone elsa has experienced this?

Thanks in advance,

R.

Are you playing in career or science mode? You may need to go back to the R&D building and unlock the parts. Everything except the 5m parts and some of the SRBs are using the standard tech tree nodes.

I've been noticing that many engines are too efficient and powerful, specially considering balance against their stock "counterpart" (like ratite/mainsail, moa/skipper), for example this comparison:

http://a.pomf.se/yokrxw.jpg

http://a.pomf.se/ggszfw.jpg

Many stock engines are too useless with SpaceY's engines... well in my opinion, of course.

Yeah, that probably does need some more tweaking. I may have to lower the ISP a bit. The M1 is meant to be higher thrust than the skipper, at the cost of some efficiency, so I'll take another look at its efficiency, mass, etc.

EDIT: Yes, several of the engines need further adjustment. Most of this can be achieved with adjusting the vacuum ISP, so the overall dV is reduced, but the atmospheric performance is still similar to before. The engines are intended to be higher thrust, but lower efficiency compared to stock counterparts, and we're mostly there, with just a few tweaks needed. :)

Edited by NecroBones

Great mod, part of my must haves. A feature request for you. I know you have the dibamus and super dibamus RCS ports, but could you design a 4 or 5 port RCS pod that is fairly powerful? Say 8 thrust power or so, intended use would be moving a large station or asteroid around and could possibly hold position while the mains are ignited?

Great mod, part of my must haves. A feature request for you. I know you have the dibamus and super dibamus RCS ports, but could you design a 4 or 5 port RCS pod that is fairly powerful? Say 8 thrust power or so, intended use would be moving a large station or asteroid around and could possibly hold position while the mains are ignited?

Certainly possible. Right now the "super dibamous" functions like a 5-way, 10-thrust RCS block, but since it's also an engine, it has more mass than you might need if you wanted to strategically place RCS ports all over the ship. A high-thrust RCS-only unit would certainly have a niche. I'm not sure what order I'll be working on things, but this is pretty straightforward I think. ;)

Has anyone mentioned the new 0.625 m SRBs aren't showing up under the SpaceY Manufacturer tab in the Editor? To the best of my knowledge those are the only SpaceY parts not showing up there.

Has anyone mentioned the new 0.625 m SRBs aren't showing up under the SpaceY Manufacturer tab in the Editor? To the best of my knowledge those are the only SpaceY parts not showing up there.
Probably because there's no manufacturer listed in either of their cfgs. You might want to rectify that, NecroBones.

Yep, already spotted. I have it fixed for the next update.

New update is up. For the new RCS block, I figured we could start with a thrust of 7 and see how it goes, and also bumped the smaller Dibamous to an RCS thrust of 5 (from 4). Since the larger Dubamous has RCS thrust of 10 already, this seems like a pretty good spread.

The engine balancing is to put the engines back where they belong after the stock engines were adjusted in KSP 1.0 - 1.0.2. The changes are all pretty subtle, but it helps ensure that they have decent thrust at sea-level, while providing slightly less overall dV compared to the stock equivalents for the same fuel mass.

0.13.2 (2015-05-20) - Fixes & Engine rebalancing against stock.
- Corrected the 3.75m fueled nose cone to appear in the size-3 bulkhead profile.
- Corrected the manufacturer setting on the 0.625m SRBs.
- LFO Engine balance pass. Note that a lowered Vacuum ISP results in improved sea-level thrust:
- K1 engine: Lowered vacuum ISP.
- M1 engine: Increased mass slightly, and lowered vacuum ISP.
- M5 engine: Increased mass, and lowered vacuum ISP.
- M9 engine: Lowered vacuum ISP.
- R1 engine: Increased mass slightly, raised sea-level ISP, and lowered vacuum ISP.
- R9 engine: Raised sea-level ISP, and lowered vacuum ISP.
- Added a 5-way RCS block (without integrated engine).
- Fixed a minor texture issue with the smaller "Dibamous" RCS/OMS engine block.
- Slightly increased RCS thrust on the smaller "Dibamous" RCS/OMS engine block.

Pushed 0.14 out. Technically it's just a small hot-fix, but I decided to call it 0.14, since the earlier update today had enough changes to warrant that.

0.14 (2015-05-20) - Hot fix, finalizing as 0.14.
- New RCS block set to be physicsless.

Nice to see you still going on with this. Still one of the first mods I much have and install for decent launchers.

I was wondering if there are any specific directions where you take this pack or if there are things you still feel are missing. Just out of curiosity ;)

Keep up the good work!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.