ukvsMeh.png

Chutes deployed

ZQhfMh8.png

pirtxPA.png

Landed with a part missing

GEHNXc3.png

Ahhhh the memories that launch tower brought back

nhzVI8H.png

P.S. The next days i may delay my entries since the weather is getting clear and i want to catch up on my astrophotography sessions

I suppose you could, but as the aim is sort of to make a model rocket, it'd be easier to make it in the VAB.

In other words: Yes, but it's not the easiest way to do things.

Alrighty then, I'll build a rocket!! Totally!!! Starting with the fourth slide!!!!!!

STILL haven't caught up with December 7-10. Maybe tonight if I'm lucky...I know I've got a plane that can handle the December 12 mission; all I need to do there is get the coordinates of KSC2 and calculate a heading.

Took me a while to figure out where exactly I had to go to, but the screenshots of others gave me a pretty good idea of where to go, so I flew over the large mountain range only to have to course-correct in order to get there.

I used some B9 fuselage for style, it just looks better, hope you don't mind. (Wings and engines are stock, used the Sabre-S intakes, just the two of them, and some basic cockpit and fuselage of the B9 MK2, there's only fuel in the tail bit by the way.) It flies like a champ!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Day 12: Used www.kerbalmaps.com to find the landing site. Jeb decided he wanted a cool entrance into the second KSC, in case a rival agency was there...

I tried to design a orbit capable Seperatron rocket - being an engineer, I did some calcs, and found that even with 24 per stage I'd need 62 stages stacked to have the 4500m/s dV required... which would be 1488 SRBs! I'll try and find a way of doing it, but it'll be a bit of a lower priority now.

Question for OP: are the future missions all meant to be on Hard mode, or was that just for the Mun program? Just for clarity :) Good variety of missions going on!

Day twelve involved a mission by Jeb and Bill to the remote parts of Kerbin to investigate the story of a second space center. After the mission briefing the two brave crew climbed into their plane and set off in the general easterly direction towards the theoretical location.

After nearly 30 minutes of flying they came upon a strange sight where it appeared to indeed be a second space center, either under construction or perhaps abandoned. After a low flyby and a steep climb to avoid the mountains they circled around and initiated the landing procedures to investigate more closely.

Their story got stranger when they found a strange black monolith at the space center. New myths about these black monoliths have started now, including one tale saying there is another of these ancient monuments back at KSC. "Simply hogwash!" said Jeb, "I've crashed rockets all over the place at KSC and never seen anything like that." Bill wasn't so sure Jeb knew what he is talking about, but chose to remain silent on the topic.

And for day thirteen the engineers and crew started designing another massive space vehicle, this time for exploring one of the strange "asteroid" things that has recently been spotted by the KSC astronomers. These "Space Rocks of Death That Will Destroy Kerbin" (the actual headline from the publication Weekly Kerbol News when the discovery was announced) seem worthy of further study and perhaps even capture one into LKO.

KadventKalender_Dec13.png

December 14, I managed to capture an E Class asteroid. The ship i used is not powerful but with some smart/economic flying i managed to capture the asteroid at a Pe of 102km. I had to time warp in order to get the Pe altitude shown since there are float errors in the game while trying to calculate an orbit. The trick in order to save fuel was to move the ARM ship so that the targeted asteroid's center of mass was aligned to the node i had planned for the burn once aligned i docked the ship and did my burn.

Day 14: FETCH!

Whilst TJPrime's offer of reputation for an E class was tempting, I remembered that despite having over 1100 hours of KSP logged, I actually haven't done any real asteroid redirecting yet (I've visited one when they were first released, and had a go at it before discovering several design flaws in my ship and giving up). So, A class it is. And what luck - an A class asteroid in the vicinity of Kerbin, entering SOI in 12 days. On closer inspection it's due to impact the South pole around 14 days after that. Yoicks. Best get shifting then...

Hi All :)

December 14th, Full stock, E Class Asteroid +1500Tons in Kerbin Orbit with 90km PE ^^

Didn't remember that pushing this thing was so hard... had to max slow down engine to keep control :(

I read later somewhere on the web that PULLING those E Class is better idea than PUSHING, but my ship was already in LKO xD

BTW my rocket was a "bit" oversized lol, i still have enough fuel to do a lot of things with this baby :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.