Vessel going pink bug

hi, I've got some strange issues with vessels going pink.

I launched a test vehicle on a sub orbital trajectory, it was all fine until the vessel hit the atmosphere again, then after a few seconds the whole vessel went pink (pink blob in the shape of the craft, didn't look like individual parts going pink) and things went very weird. I had parachutes on it so I activated that, it didn't graphically show and immediately I heard it explode. The vessel didn't seem to slow down by the atmosphere, and it then smashed into the ground at vertical speeds of above 1000.

I checked inside the output log file, and the only stuff I found was this. It didn't lead to anything :(

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Active Vessel is in atmosphere. Cannot save.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Vessel Testing crashed through terrain on Kerbin

[00:05:59]: Testing crashed into Kerbin.

I posted this in the Interstellar mod thread too, as I remembered somebody reporting about radiators going pink in there. I don't know if it's the same issue or not.

I will provide the whole list of mods I have below:

Active Texture Management

B9 Aerospace

Better Atmospheres

Crowd-sourced Science Logs

Custom Asteroids

Deadly Reentry

Default Throttle

Distant Object Enhancement bis

Docking Port Alignment Indicator

Editor Extentions

Enhanced Navball

Environmental Visual Enhancements

Ferram Aerospace Research

Fine Print

Infernal Robotics

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Kerbal Attachment System

Kerbal Engineer Redux

KittopiaTech Ingame Terraforming Tools

KW Rocketry

Precise Node

Real Roster

Remote Tech2

TAC Fuel Balancer

TAC Life Support

Taurus HCV

Texture Replacer

Toolbar

Transfer Window Planner

Tweak Scale

Any help?

Edited by ebigunso

followup on this. I managed to reproduce this bug, this time it happened while launching.

The rocket looks fine on the ground, though few seconds after launch the whole rocket went pink. Exhaust flames looked fine.

The bug seemed to not have an effect on physics like last time, and I did feel the aerodynamic forces. The pinkness returned to normal after I got to the thinner part of the atmosphere (35k up).

I reverted a couple times and the bug seemed to occur at the same timing every launch attempt.

This time I got screenshots.

zvodusmaud93ba9fg.jpg

Also sometimes when things go wrong and explode, the remaining parts return to normal looking rather than being the pink blob.

Edited by ebigunso

Bump.

I noticed some textures going wrong in the space center also, while the vessel pink bug is still happening on every launch.

Some places on the facilities go black, and when you move the camera it sort of flickers.

I've got some screenshots here to show what I see.

m97587q171kir73fg.jpg

7csy9p357o1t4zofg.jpg

I will continue to try and figure out what is wrong, but if anyone has suggestions please, please post it here for me. thx.

EDIT: It seems the whole problem was with DX11, which I was forcing the game to use, as I was suggested to do that on another thread. I turned back to OpenGL mode and the black texture bug along with the pink vessel bug disappeared. wth.

Edited by ebigunso

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.