[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

4 hours ago, smjjames said:

Think you could see what's up with the Lunokhod mission from historical contracts because that one is incredibly buggy?

I fixed the problem with the waypoints not showing up until you reload the scene.  The rest of the issues you reported are problems with the contract itself that will have to be fixed by @Whitecat106.

The fix will be out with 1.9.4.

Edited by nightingale

Contract Configurator 1.9.4 is out with lots of bug fixes, download it here.

Contract Configurator 1.9.4

• Added support for lists in persistent data store values.
  • Added checkType to all celestial body progress requirements to allow tracking back on manned/unmanned.
  • Added support for multiple waypoint names in WaypointGenerator (when generating multiple waypoints from one node).
  • Added support for waypoint chaining in WaypoingGenerator.RANDOM_WAYPOINT_NEAR.
  • Duration parameter now supports a startCriteria field for more fine-grained control of starting conditions.
  • Fixed defaulting of min/max count in PartValidation (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed rate of climb checking to default in a way to allow checking for negative values (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed issue with NONE and MODULE being combined in PartValidation (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed issue with VesselDestroyed not working for splashdown or overheat (thanks DBT85).
  • Fixed incorrect latitude/longitude when using PQS offset in SpawnVessel (thanks inigma).
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the requiredValue DATA node check from checking for non-empty lists.
  • Fixed WaypointGenerator not adding waypoints when a contract causes them to become visible (thanks smjjames).
  • Fixed issue where Flats biome would count for GreatFlats in CollectScience (thanks Spheniscine).

I have an issue, though not directly related to this mod. If I install any contract pack, my game became full of stutters. Half a second freeze every a couple second or so. Another user also had the same problem, and by removing the contract pack, the stutter disappears. Is there any explanation for this?

8 minutes ago, Algiark said:

I have an issue, though not directly related to this mod. If I install any contract pack, my game became full of stutters. Half a second freeze every a couple second or so. Another user also had the same problem, and by removing the contract pack, the stutter disappears. Is there any explanation for this?

Which contract packs? Which game scenes does this happen in? Does it go away if you wait a couple minutes or does it stay the same? What model of processor do you have? 

5 hours ago, nightingale said:

Which contract packs? Which game scenes does this happen in? Does it go away if you wait a couple minutes or does it stay the same? What model of processor do you have? 

Any one of them, even ARM. This happens when controlling a vessel outside VAB/SPH. It stays the same even after a couple minutes. I have Intel i5 2.7 GHz.

6 hours ago, Algiark said:

I've been having the same kind of stutter of framerate drop as well.

3 hours ago, Algiark said:

Any one of them, even ARM. This happens when controlling a vessel outside VAB/SPH. It stays the same even after a couple minutes. I have Intel i5 2.7 GHz.

8 hours ago, Algiark said:

8 hours ago, nightingale said:

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

I've been having the same kind of stutter of framerate drop as well.

I can report, (perhaps!), similar issues. I lose about 10-30 FPS, depending on whether or not I have other mods installed. However, in my case it does not matter whether or not contract packs are installed or not, only the ContractConfigurator folder needs to be installed.

At first I thought it was a mod-conflict issue (and perhaps it is). After removing the mods (except CC folder), the problem still remained. I therefore tried it on a fresh installation, and it worked perfectly (with and without only CC installed). Then downloaded a new copy,  installed all my mods, tried it, problem occurred again. Then removed the mods and problem remained.

In either case where I encounter the problem the debug menu shows no throws. And I'm starting to suspect the problem may be because of something outside the Gamefolder. Perhaps with the game settings, or the saves, or even the part PartDatabase (although this is quite speculative since I have no idea what CC references). I've tried for a couple of hours to narrowing down the problem, but I have yet to find the cause. It may seem that some, other mods alter something outside the game folder which causes this frame-drop to happen. Perhaps it's stuck on a loop while referencing something another mod has altered? (again, very speculative).

Edited by kimiko

3 hours ago, Algiark said:

What is ARM?

@Algiark, @smjjames, @kimiko - What OS are you all using?  Is this stuttering something new?  All of a sudden everyone is reporting this.

15 minutes ago, nightingale said:

What is ARM?

@Algiark, @smjjames, @kimiko - What OS are you all using?  Is this stuttering something new?  All of a sudden everyone is reporting this.

ARM is the 'Asteroid Rendezvous Mission', it's the ones that ask you to eject an asteroid out of the system or deflect an asteroid.

WIndows 8.1 and it's something new. It started at the same time that I installed DTL and CC for the career mode stuff, and I actually for a while thought that it's DTL, but one time I tried it without DTL, so I'm not sure it actually is DTL and I've seen some people report on the support thread talk about this stuttering/framerate drop and of the one or two that did list their mods, they also had CC. rbray seemed to think it was the garbage collection.

I should try and reproduce it on my branchoff KSP though and look deeper into it whether it's DTL or not.

Also, the stuttering/framerate drop doesn't always happen, but it seems to get worse as the memory leaks fill up the RAM.

edit: You know, with just strategia and historic missions enabled, the framerate drop isn't present, maybe I can see which ones cause it on my main.

Edited by smjjames

Also, new version that fixes an issue introduced by 1.9.4 that could affect many, many contracts that spawn vessels.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1

• Fixed a major issue where vessel spawning would sometimes fail to spawn vessels.
Edited by nightingale

12 minutes ago, smjjames said:

ARM is the 'Asteroid Rendezvous Mission', it's the ones that ask you to eject an asteroid out of the system or deflect an asteroid.

What, like the tutorial one?  That has nothing to do with Contract Configurator. :)

12 minutes ago, smjjames said:

WIndows 8.1 and it's something new.

Okay, I ask about that since I personally have had problems with Windows 10's memory compression kicking in and causing all kinds of trouble.  I figured with Microsoft pushing the OS upgrade pretty heavily there could be lots of new Windows 10 users facing similar issues.

13 minutes ago, smjjames said:

It started at the same time that I installed DTL and CC for the career mode stuff, and I actually for a while thought that it's DTL, but one time I tried it without DTL, so I'm not sure it actually is DTL and I've seen some people report on the support thread talk about this stuttering/framerate drop and of the one or two that did list their mods, they also had CC. rbray seemed to think it was the garbage collection.

I should try and reproduce it on my branchoff KSP though and look deeper into it whether it's DTL or not.

Also, the stuttering/framerate drop doesn't always happen, but it seems to get worse as the memory leaks fill up the RAM.

edit: You know, with just strategia and historic missions enabled, the framerate drop isn't present, maybe I can see which ones cause it on my main.

It certainly could be memory/GC related.  Most of the mods I run in my test setup are not ram-intensive ones, so it could just be I'm not hitting the right thresholds.

Also, see [#458] which may be the same issue.

5 minutes ago, nightingale said:

What, like the tutorial one?  That has nothing to do with Contract Configurator. :)

Okay, I ask about that since I personally have had problems with Windows 10's memory compression kicking in and causing all kinds of trouble.  I figured with Microsoft pushing the OS upgrade pretty heavily there could be lots of new Windows 10 users facing similar issues.

It certainly could be memory/GC related.  Most of the mods I run in my test setup are not ram-intensive ones, so it could just be I'm not hitting the right thresholds.

Also, see [#458] which may be the same issue.

There IS a big lagspike when declining contracts, but this is outside Mission Control and in flight.

16 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Also, new version that fixes an issue introduced by 1.9.4 that could affect many, many contracts that spawn vessels.  Download here.

Contract Configurator 1.9.4.1

• Fixed a major issue where vessel spawning would sometimes fail to spawn vessels.

I never noticed in my tests I ran last night with 1.9.4. Glad you caught whatever you found. :)

2 minutes ago, smjjames said:

There IS a big lagspike when declining contracts, but this is outside Mission Control and in flight.

Yeah, for within mission control I've tried to do my best to smooth that out, but I think I have it set to be more tolerant of lag there (whereas in flight I'd rather have it not generate a contract than cause a massive framerate dip where possible).  This simply boils down to the complexity that Contract Configurator allows for contract generation and expressions.  There might be tweaks for specific areas/contracts I could do here and there though.

Has anybody gotten a reliable way to reproduce the FPS drop (viewed via GCmonitor) in flight? Because sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't, and it seems to be worse when the memory leaks fill up the RAM, which makes it harder to find what particular contract pack, if any, is causing it.

edit: Looks like CC 1.9.4.1 broke the tourism+ contracts slightly. I haven't tried doing one of them yet though.

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-25--1

Edited by smjjames

2 hours ago, smjjames said:

edit: Looks like CC 1.9.4.1 broke the tourism+ contracts slightly. I haven't tried doing one of them yet though.

StrategiaCareer_screenshot_2016-01-25--1

Thought I'd fixed that (it was introduced during 1.9.4 development).  Looks like I'd missed it.  It's fixed now, but you'll have to wait for 1.9.5 as it's mostly cosmetic (anything that doesn't have a name provided by the contract will be called "site").  I suppose there might be some contracts out there with multiple waypoints where this could cause issues....

16 hours ago, smjjames said:

I've just tried something that may support this.

First of all, on stock KSP, with no mods, career mode with default everything I have about 90 FPS when launching a mk1 command pod from the VAB (not touching anything after launch, and waiting until it stabilized). With CC (only) installed, it will be stay around 25-30 FPS. (This is also almost regardless of the mod package I usually play with, which includes scatterer, EVE and 50+ other mods. without CC this mod package will hover around 37-42 FPS).

However, the interesting part was that whenever I would launch => go back to the space centre/retrieve the pod => then launch again/go back to the previous pod I would loose approximately 1 FPS. This would happen every time I repeated. The loss seemed to be somewhat invert exponential, as it required more reverts to go down 1 more FPS for every time it went down 1 FPS. I tried all the way down to 10 FPS, then I got bored.

Screenshot_2016_01_26_09_24_21.jpg

Although it may not explain the initial drop, I hope it helps with something... Perhaps it's ram dependent, or some things are not destroyed properly with scene changes/etc, or certain gameevents fires half a dozen times for no apparent reason (they do with me >.>) ...

(Also, I haven't really played any KSP in almost a year now so I'm not sure if this is an issue with the latest update, or if it may have been there... or if it's only me who have this issue...)

Edited by kimiko

Hi,

I start a new career, and i don't have the scansat contract showing up in mission control even if i have the 3 requirement in green (alt-f10). I pass time, decline contract, reset contract (alt-f12 and alt-f10). The only change with my last career is the addition of Kerbal construction time.

I also don't have the contract for the first tourist, behaviour (spawning passengers) is in yellow, but the two requirement are green.

I have the latest update with CKAN (I reinstall the mods once)

Sorry if it's me who don't understand something obvious :)

And thanks for the great mods :)

2 hours ago, swarss said:

Hi,

I start a new career, and i don't have the scansat contract showing up in mission control even if i have the 3 requirement in green (alt-f10). I pass time, decline contract, reset contract (alt-f12 and alt-f10). The only change with my last career is the addition of Kerbal construction time.

I also don't have the contract for the first tourist, behaviour (spawning passengers) is in yellow, but the two requirement are green.

I have the latest update with CKAN (I reinstall the mods once)

Sorry if it's me who don't understand something obvious :)

And thanks for the great mods :)

Sounds like you've checks all the obvious things except reputation.  Make a backup save or quicksave, and cheat yourself a bunch of reputation (increasing the number of 2 and 3 star contracts you get offered).  If that coupled with using the 'clear active contracts' debug button still doesn't get a contract to show up, then there is likely a problem elsewhere, and I'd need to see your KSP.log to diagnose further.

I add reputation with alt-f12 and alt again to 60% and clear current contract 5 times. I still see nothing :(

In my last career (1.9.4) i had the contract showing up just after my first orbit (unmanned), i already had the scan part at that time and the contract showed up immediately. I'm at the same stage in my newcareer (1.9.4.1), but i've got the part after the first orbit because of kerbal construction time.

KSP.log

I don't know if the link really work ... First time doing that.

Thank you for your time!

While doing the Soyuz-Salyut 'dock with station and wait a period of time to do experiments' missions, I'm noticing problems with the docking contract, namely that when the two crafts dock, the Docked: <shipname > and <shipname> become the name of the station, essentially turning the contract to a 'dock with self' contract and it makes it impossible to actually complete the contract. Undocking and redocking did work a few times, but generally it doesn't.

Since they are unable to complete correctly, I'm forced to complete them via alt12. I am doing the actual docking though, so, it really isn't cheating, just fixing a broken contract.

I don't know if it's a stock problem, a problem with the historical contract pack, or something with Contract Configurator.

Edited by smjjames

Just now, AlbertKermin said:

Ok, I'm probably asking a stupid question- but is there some way to turn off the other contracts so you can reliably see your own custom contracts for testing?

Use the CC settings which are accessable in the KSC screen.