[0.25] Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2

Astronomer

Which features do you like the most?  

1,335 members have voted

1. 1. Which features do you like the most?

• Semi-Procedural Auroras
    • Clouds for Eve & Jool
    • 29MB Lightning
    • Lens Flare
    • Snow
    • Sandstorms and Surface Dust
    • Atmospheric Scattering
    • Interstellar Music Replacement
    • New Sun
    • Surface Glow

Astronomer, can you please give us a list of mods this pack uses? I know it uses EVE, TR, and PS, but that's all I could figure out. I would download it, but unfortunately my computer can't even run stock KSP, as it has LITERALLY 64MB OF GRAPHICS MEMORY.

o.0 wow. that's just mad

So. whats different in V2 ?

I have already posted a changelist in the original post. It will also be provided on the file page once it is uploaded.

Astronomer, can you please give us a list of mods this pack uses? I know it uses EVE, TR, and PS, but that's all I could figure out. I would download it, but unfortunately my computer can't even run stock KSP, as it has LITERALLY 64MB OF GRAPHICS MEMORY.

Those three and Chatterer. Although you can get away with just using EVE for the most part. You can tell if a feature can make use any of these mods by looking what folders they have.

I really doubt 64MB VRAM still exists on PCs, are you sure those are your actual specs? If so, I actually wanna know what machine you're using xD.

Edited by Astronomer

There are some random mistakes in the initial release, but my best recommendation is to wait for the V2 as I've changed the installation structure and dealt with these minor issues.

If issues prevail, than it would be a good time for troubleshooting.

That said, many people report all features as fully functional.

I know... ;.; all I can do is look at the pictures. I'm saving up for a really good PC, but it costs over 1000$, and I only have a bit over 200$... maybe my upcoming birthday and Christmas will boost me along a bit. Til then, though

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you are planning on paying for a pre-built PC. I recommend building your computer with the specs you want or at least avoid popular brands.

Here is the list of GPUs by Value:

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

Here is the list of CPUs by Value:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_value_alltime.html

Choose the PSU based on what CPU and GPU you choose (with some extra wattage room).

And don't go cheap and get a hard drive - you'll regret it.

I really doubt 64MB VRAM still exists on PCs, are you sure those are your actual specs? If so, I actually wanna know what machine you're using xD.

yes, it certaintly does. I checked, it says Dedicated Graphics memory: 64 Megabytes

I have a Intel® HD graphics card (I suspect 4000) and its on a year old Toshiba laptop. The irony is is that it has 8 GB of RAM...

I plan on getting this over kill PC :). https://www.dinopc.com/shop/pc/-b-NEW-b-Magma-Wrath-94p2196.htm

I know its OP because my friend bought it and its a beast!

Question: does it come with the mouse, keyboard and screen?

If it does you deserve the rep for finding a better PC for the same cost!

Edited by xXIndestructibleEVAXx

hahahaha! you fools who did a fresh KSP install and then installed this , no wonder why it doesnt work for you :) Everything works here as advertized ! Well I do have a question, where do I install the optional skybox folder called Bllue-Green-HD ?

hahahaha! you fools who did a fresh KSP install and then installed this , no wonder why it doesnt work for you :) Everything works here as advertized ! Well I do have a question, where do I install the optional skybox folder called Bllue-Green-HD ?

I welcome trolling as long as it's at least trying to be funny. Please state your sarcasm with "[/sarcasm]" or something similar and clear.

The skybox textures go to GameData/TextureReplacer/Default (as said in TextureReplacer).

Wait so you get citylights?

I welcome trolling as long as it's at least trying to be funny. Please state your sarcasm with "[/sarcasm]" or something similar and clear.

The skybox textures go to GameData/TextureReplacer/Default (as said in TextureReplacer).

im sorry Ielf tthe sarcasm tag out :/ you tend forget things when your gf breaks up with you :/

im sorry Ielf tthe sarcasm tag out :/ you tend forget things when your gf breaks up with you :/

It's okay man - I myself tend to gravitate towards gaming when dealing with things I can't fix. Stick to things you love that stick with you in the hardest of times.

The file got uploaded.

It was automatically rejected withing seconds.

I am now doing research on what I should do to prevent this.

Alright, there is a bigger chance it will work this time around. I haven't had this issue with the original release.

NOPE

Does anyone know how to stop zip files from being rejected? I'm not being sent any messages and the file doesn't say anything about that.

Edited by Astronomer

When I installed Interstellar (x86), tried going without -force-opengl as I'd had more crashes in the past using it. Ended up using ATM Aggressive and the 128MB Volumetric Clouds--and a lot of runs to get all the textures compressed. After it finally launched without crashing, the sky was large blotches of red and white, Kerbin has a blotchy glowing sky both on the ground and from space, and Duna had a dark side with a blotchy glow. Removing the Skyboxes mod fixed them. To get rid of the unwanted blotchy glow, had to remove both Core Clouds and Lightning. Launched and looked okay, but memory was ~3500MB. So I went with launching that with -force-opengl to get memory down to under 1600MB.

Hey, just a quick question. What's the difference between the Sun options?

I too was wondering what the difference is between the 2 Sun options.

Edited by Jacke