Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

Annnnnnnd, it works, with no lag!

I think it's a combination of your update and my linux.

Thanks a ton! At first, I was skeptical, but now, I'm not.

Updates coming soon.

Nice. I'm barely able to run KSP with just this and a few other mods, my computer is awful.... getting a new one soon though!

Edited by _Augustus_

A question Augustus: I changed Ringle to see how well the custom terrain works, but I'm seeing no changes to the terrain's height map. I changed all of Ringle's textures in really conspicuous ways to see what did what, but except for the texture nothing changes. I see no changes to the actual terrain of the planet and I'm only like 30-50km above the surface, so the 3D terrain itself is clearly being displayed. What am I doing wrong?

A question Augustus: I changed Ringle to see how well the custom terrain works, but I'm seeing no changes to the terrain's height map. I changed all of Ringle's textures in really conspicuous ways to see what did what, but except for the texture nothing changes. I see no changes to the actual terrain of the planet and I'm only like 30-50km above the surface, so the 3D terrain itself is clearly being displayed. What am I doing wrong?

Terrain loads at about 25 km. If it's not that, I have no idea.

Still not seein any changes. Maybe I installed the mod wrong? Is Erin supposed to have custom terrain if you get low enough, since I just see a lot of large oceans and a few sparse islands instead of the hundreds of lakes that the orbital/map texture shows?

Noticed that you have DDSLoader in your download, yet there are no DDS files in there. A useless remnant of RSS or is it being used for something secret :D

Still not seein any changes. Maybe I installed the mod wrong? Is Erin supposed to have custom terrain if you get low enough, since I just see a lot of large oceans and a few sparse islands instead of the hundreds of lakes that the orbital/map texture shows?

Noticed that you have DDSLoader in your download, yet there are no DDS files in there. A useless remnant of RSS or is it being used for something secret :D

For now DDSLoader is just a remnant of RSS, but I may use it.

You must have installed it wrong, Erin has lakes for me.

The licensing was prohibitive, and the system was really dumb and couldn't ever exist in real life.

Shoot, it was my favorite system...

By the same token, I don't think Kaiser's coloring could exist... could it?

Also, how would I make my own planets?

Shoot, it was my favorite system...

By the same token, I don't think Kaiser's coloring could exist... could it?

Also, how would I make my own planets?

Kaiser's coloring theoretically is possible.

Here's how to make your own planets: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88168-Early-development-0-24-Kopernicus-Planetary-System-Modifier?p=1617391#post1617391

I just checked Erin again with a clean install of the mod and while the problem persists, I now notice it's because the terrain map doesn't match up with the visual texture. There are no oceans on Erin's visual texture, only lots and lots of small lakes cut off from one another by a web of land bridges. This however is completely absent from the terrain texture. Where the lake system are is just a single black void indicating the lowest possible terrain height. Since the lakes and the land bridges have the same height on the terrain map, the places where the visual texture has land bridges is actually underwater.

I just checked Erin again with a clean install of the mod and while the problem persists, I now notice it's because the terrain map doesn't match up with the visual texture. There are no oceans on Erin's visual texture, only lots and lots of small lakes cut off from one another by a web of land bridges. This however is completely absent from the terrain texture. Where the lake system are is just a single black void indicating the lowest possible terrain height. Since the lakes and the land bridges have the same height on the terrain map, the places where the visual texture has land bridges is actually underwater.

I don't get that problem, ever.

UPDATE: I forgot to fix the directory of the textures in the newest update, that may be why... I'm releasing a new update.

Edited by _Augustus_

I'm really glad someone's bringing this back, thanks! I just made a new planet pack made off of KittopiaTech and the Old PlanetFactory. I may want to port it to this new version.

Just give me the file and I will convert it for you!

I don't get that problem, ever.

UPDATE: I forgot to fix the directory of the textures in the newest update, that may be why... I'm releasing a new update.

Hey, dude. A lot of people have problems when you release like 10 updates a day. If you could go 1/day that would be great.

Hay i have been using your mod in version 2.1.1 and have been trying to update it all day to version 2.3 and the others before that but the planets never load i don't have any mods that are incompatible with it and at the main menu the planets say they are loaded but only the vanilla planets do and they are not even in the new orbits Y-Y i don't know what is wrong and my kerbals are sad because they don't get to see any new planets poor jeb

@ Augustus, a few bugs I've discovered (both aren't gameplay impacting, or at least, not to a major extent) The first one seems to be: Duna (and Laythe) tend to use their counterparts' NRM textures (I believe that's what their name is) in other words, Duna has a shaded (and nonexistent) Olympus Mons-esque shading. Laythe also has the lake/swirly appearance (despite its color texture being how Laythe originally appears)

On another note, I have discovered a few lighting glitches.

Though, I hopefully (and eventually) plan to learn the concept of creating planets for Kopernicus (I've made a few unfinished PF:CE planets), as I have already thought up a few appearances in my head (though not illustrated) for a few gas giants/super Kerbins' moon systems.

Edited by Tynton

So a while back I mentioned I was trying to get some guidence on how to get JTGplanets to cooperate with this and went pretty much completely ignored, so I just pressed on and tried to install it myself and, predictably, it didn't work. Moving the three folders that were in "PlanetFactory" into the "Kopernicus_PF" folder was a no-go, so I tried simply putting it into Gamedata under its original "planetfactory/*" directory and that didn't work.

Anyway, I did notice that in this thread the advertisement for it working with this and other PF planet packs went away, so I'm assuming this is just a no-go operation and I should drop it?

I actually already began working on adding them. Unfortunately Fearless kept having only a few islands and an ocean.... so I deleted it for the time being.

I'm making Fearless and it's moons become moons of kaiser to make them more interesting.

I think the work around for fearless was to disable the oceans somehow, I think I used laythe as the base, not sure. a possible workaround is to take the height map and lighten it, or else possibly invert the colors of the heightmap, I may have used a negative value in planet factory to do that earlier.

I really love some of the planetary textures medikohl has made for his moons, Rocky, Peabody and Brag look fun and challenging for surface exploration.

If I recall correctly peabody has a few 18km deep craters as a challenge, also some of the moons I made with atmosphere are designed for aerobraking challenges, (like the huge crater on boris, it contains the lowest stretch of land on the planet. This makes it the only place you can hope to aerobrake for landing with a drogue chute set for max settings.)