Kopernicus Core - Version NAN - Outdated

_Augustus_

I'm really excited about the new planetary mods in development. I would like very much to seem them full developed to their creators vision. I would also like to try them all out, however....are you open to a suggestion Augustus? Could you make an alternative skin for Kaiser? I know that is probably equating to asking you to change your child's name because I don't like the way it sounds. I honestly mean no offense to your creation, you must take great pride in it because you use it as a symbol of your mod. I will say that you can consider me so shallow that I have not tried your mod because I find Kaiser a visually unpleasant reminder of a bad experience. It honestly goes back to a very bad alcohol experience consisting of too many different flavored shots and getting sick :confused:. My apologies for being finicky and shallow, but I just thought I would ask. Hopefully the worst that will happen is you say no its to much trouble for one person and your not offended.

Sorry, but I would have to redo the clouds. I cannot redo clouds..

Kaiser is basically a symbol of rainbows. It's meant to be funny, not serious, or sickening and scary.

Edited by _Augustus_

Nice screenshots that you got there! :)

By the way, I have some question regarding Trans-Keptunian. I see that Flo is.... way too uneven... I don't even recall made it that uneven...:huh: Did you deliberately make it uneven, or is it currently impossible to give a more even surface on them?

And, one more question, could you explain why you don't add the moons from the pack? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here :P, but I need some technical reasons why they are not added....

I just want to know how mature is Kopernicus now...

Thanks! :)

Edited by Gravitasi

Nice screenshots that you got there! :)

By the way, I have some question regarding Trans-Keptunian. I see that Flo is.... way too uneven... I don't even recall made it that uneven...:huh: Did you deliberately make it uneven, or is it currently impossible to give a more even surface on them?

And, one more question, could you explain why you don't add the moons from the pack? Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here :P, but I need some technical reasons why they are not added....

I just want to know how mature is Kopernicus now...

Thanks! :)

Flo is uneven due to the fact that Kopernicus does not really like it when you resize bodies from their templates. All the dwarf planets are uneven, actually.

I'll be adding the moons when I finish up some other stuff.

Hello

If have been looking for a planet changer mod for longer and stumbled over this. Nice work, lot of addings over the last days. Cool. I have 2 questions.

Can someone post a picture of the whole system from above (found none)? So that the orbits of the new and old planets can be seen.

Are there plans for the future to add recources (Regolithmod or something)?

Hello

If have been looking for a planet changer mod for longer and stumbled over this. Nice work, lot of addings over the last days. Cool. I have 2 questions.

Can someone post a picture of the whole system from above (found none)? So that the orbits of the new and old planets can be seen.

Adding resources is as simple as this example:

Go into the Karbonite resource cfg, look find Jool, copy it, and rename the copy to Sentar.

Sentar will then have Karbonite.

Okay everyone, the next update will be pretty awesome! I'm adding some stuff from KU2 to orbit Stella. So far I've added the planet Fierbinte, and Verion the gas giant with it's moons Verviedi and Fantoma. I've also proven that NEAR is compatible (Though my game did crash while landing on Verviedi with it installed)!

Moved back to old thread because of haters.

Hoping to add KerbalKonstructs ruins to Verviedi. Anyone who can model stuff like that, tell me!

[sigh] I wish more people would post...

Edited by _Augustus_

Would like to see a Better Atmospheres config (and maybe PlanetShine as well). :sticktongue:

I got Erin to look like Laythe does (though slightly less blue and slightly more green, intentionally), and added auroras on Erin and Sentar, but this is intimidating... I think the stock system is almost 4000 lines worth of config... :confused:

I already only play with Sentar and the Trans-Keptunian systems as is, so I feel like you should add more detail to what exists before adding more planets/stars/moons. :P Stuff like biomes/anomalies/flavor text, etc... Too many planets is unrealistic anyways, and how am I realistically going to visit them all without HyperEdit? These things are already further than Eeloo, and you keep adding more? Plus a lot of them feel over the top... can we at least base them on *real* space objects like the game tries to do in the first place? Sure the rainbow gas giant super close to the sun looks cool, but from a physics point of view, it literally doesn't fit at all (really though, I guess that planet is all about the cool factor, so I just won't use it :P).

Oh and on a side note, please keep it easy to change the planet names (no offense, some of them really don't fit *coughHodorcough*)...

Edited by Nitrous Oxide

I've had some teleportation glitches....

1. I had a ship orbiting Cleathea. Upon loading the save again after restarting KSP, it was orbiting Folion at the same altitude.

2. I landed a probe on Fantoma. When I time warped (Non-physwarp), my ship suddenly teleported to being landed on Serious.

I just came across the strangest glitch/bug... landed a test probe on Erin, and even though the Sun was directly behind Sentar, everything was illuminated and I could see the Sun through Sentar (and barely see Sentar at all...)

Either that happens or the lighting is buggy..

By the way feel free to vote on the poll!

I don't think you should remove anything, because it's structured nicely enough that people can pick and choose which packs they want or don't. I just think you should improve the major ones first (there's gotta be some way to get custom biomes and anomalies). I voted for visual improvements (a Better Atmospheres config would totally rock, would also fix the rings on Sentar and could add some much needed things like a glow of sorts on Oorma and Putto) and basically would like to see things polished up a bit more (like no flavor text that extends outside the textbox for example).

A comet tail on Ascension would also be sweet.

Edited by Nitrous Oxide

I don't think you should remove anything, because it's structured nicely enough that people can pick and choose which packs they want or don't. I just think you should improve the major ones first (there's gotta be some way to get custom biomes and anomalies). I voted for visual improvements (a Better Atmospheres config would totally rock, would also fix the rings on Sentar) and basically would like to see things polished up a bit more (like no flavor text that extends outside the textbox for example).

A comet tail on Ascension would also be sweet.

I removed Serious due to bugs, and medikohl and Dooz want to redo their systems. As such, I'm giving them more freedom to do as they wish.

I removed Serious due to bugs, and medikohl and Dooz want to redo their systems. As such, I'm giving them more freedom to do as they wish.

Right on, I wonder if it might be better to distribute them in packs individually, so that unused textures aren't loading and taking up space and whatnot. :wink:

Right on, I wonder if it might be better to distribute them in packs individually, so that unused textures aren't loading and taking up space and whatnot. :wink:

I would also like to see this probably one Folder/Download for each planet and its moon/s. This should also help to reduce used RAM.

Anyway thanks for all the work you put into this.

I would also like to see this probably one Folder/Download for each planet and its moon/s. This should also help to reduce used RAM.

Anyway thanks for all the work you put into this.

I agree every planet pack added should be included as a seperate download. Makes it much easier for people to pick and choose and not have to waste their possibly limited bandwidth depending on their ISP on packs they don't want to use.

The mod should also be renamed to "Planet Packs for Kopernicus & RSS" it makes more sense since Planet Factory is another mod separate from this and not even part of this package.

I agree every planet pack added should be included as a seperate download. Makes it much easier for people to pick and choose and not have to waste their possibly limited bandwidth depending on their ISP on packs they don't want to use.

The mod should also be renamed to "Planet Packs for Kopernicus & RSS" it makes more sense since Planet Factory is another mod separate from this and not even part of this package.

I'm keeping the name, but the separate downloads will be a thing. I'm going to add fewer planets (But probably more moons... hehehe) in the next few updates and mainly use the updates to improve them and add science, to allow other planet creators to have room.

I have another problem, sorry to bother you. :(

So, I finally have the terrestrial moons in place around the gas giant. The problem, though, is that when I get to a certain distance (presumably once the terrain starts to load) the moons turn into whatever body their template is. For example, the innermost moon, which has a template of Tylo, turns into Tylo when I get close. The second moons I've tried changing to Duna, Kerbin, Laythe, and Tylo, but none helped change anything. What have I done wrong?

vnXlWnq.png

The innermost moon from afar.

lKhTElw.png

Turns into Tylo.

fiGyIsK.png

The second moon.

N56VMlJ.png

Also becomes Tylo.

I have another problem, sorry to bother you. :(

So, I finally have the terrestrial moons in place around the gas giant. The problem, though, is that when I get to a certain distance (presumably once the terrain starts to load) the moons turn into whatever body their template is. For example, the innermost moon, which has a template of Tylo, turns into Tylo when I get close. The second moons I've tried changing to Duna, Kerbin, Laythe, and Tylo, but none helped change anything. What have I done wrong?

http://i.imgur.com/vnXlWnq.png

The innermost moon from afar.

http://i.imgur.com/lKhTElw.png

Turns into Tylo.

http://i.imgur.com/fiGyIsK.png

The second moon.

http://i.imgur.com/N56VMlJ.png

Also becomes Tylo.

Did you use RealSolarSystem?

I agree that this should be the name too since it makes more sense and it doesn't confuse lots of people thinking it's the original Planet Factory and Krag said that it should not be called Planet Factory.

Thanks for your continued work on this, its a nice low overhead way to add alot of gameplay :)

Maybe just add one line in the OP that this was previously called PFR for a few weeks, just so idiots like me don't spend five minutes trying to figure out if its the same thing or not hehe

- - - Updated - - -

Hello

Just to add to what Augustus said, while you can do that if you want specific chances of finding things, RoverDude actually set it up so every planet has a random chance of whatever materials by default. The only resource for which thats not true is Karborundum from K+, karbonite and all the other ones should automatically appear (random number generator willing).