[1.2.2] Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) - Lightweight RealismOverhaul career v0.53 June 12

pjf

Also, note that you need to be trying the prereleases from the repo, not any old full releases.

So I can't use CKAN? How would I go about that? I will admit, when it comes to this, I'm still a noobie. Kerbal image would go here.

I believe there was some confusion as to the necessity of Tech Manager. If Stock supports modded tech trees, then Tech Manager shouldn't be required, correct?

Yes the OP seems to be getting quite old by the looks of things. We don't need TechManager anymore to load the trees, so that should be cut out now.

Yes the OP seems to be getting quite old by the looks of things. We don't need TechManager anymore to load the trees, so that should be cut out now.

Thank you for telling me that! So how do I make CKAN install it for me?

Thank you for telling me that! So how do I make CKAN install it for me?

Don't quote me on this, but you might be able to install RO through CKAN (plus RSS) and all of the extra dependencies (Those include Community Tech Tree, Lack's SXT, Ven's Stock Revamp, Deadly Reentry, Contract Configurator, and Custom Barn Kit), then manually install the RP-0 prerelease (from here) by downloading it and merging the included GameData folder with the one in your Kerbal Space Program folder.

You may also want to play with the recommended mods, which you can also install through CKAN or manually (I recommend the development version of Kerbal Construction Time, from here, if you decide to play with that).

CKAN won't support automatic installation of RP-0 until RP-0 actually releases for 1.0. Currently it is just in pre-release.

Don't quote me on this, but you might be able to install RO through CKAN (plus RSS) and all of the extra dependencies (Those include Community Tech Tree, Lack's SXT, Ven's Stock Revamp, Deadly Reentry, Contract Configurator, and Custom Barn Kit), then manually install the RP-0 prerelease (from here) by downloading it and merging the included GameData folder with the one in your Kerbal Space Program folder.

You may also want to play with the recommended mods, which you can also install through CKAN or manually (I recommend the development version of Kerbal Construction Time, from here, if you decide to play with that).

CKAN won't support automatic installation of RP-0 until RP-0 actually releases for 1.0. Currently it is just in pre-release.

I am not quoting you, but Lacks SXT is not on CKAN. This is just so you know.

Edited by RoketMan
typo

I am not quoting you, but Lacks SXT is not on CKAN. This is just so you know.

It is actually listed on CKAN (at least for me) as "SXT - Stock eXTension" with the author "Lack". Otherwise you can always install it manually. Hope everything is working properly for you otherwise :)

Hi, I am having some problems with RP-0. I've installed all the required extra dependencies and copied the RP-0 folder (latest pre-release) to the game data folder, but when I start a new game all I have in my 'available' contracts windows is the 3 contracts for Remote Tech. There are additional record-breaking contracts (altitude and velocity) in the 'active' contracts window, but that is it.

I really like the structured progression offered by SETI Contracts, but RO/RSS have ruined the stock system and engines for me, so I would really like to have RP-0. Can anyone help?

Edited by kuba1410

It is actually listed on CKAN (at least for me) as "SXT - Stock eXTension" with the author "Lack". Otherwise you can always install it manually. Hope everything is working properly for you otherwise :)

Oh. I did not even think about looking it up by author. also, I don't really want to download an unstable version of KCT, will the latest stable relese wotk? Thanks! :D

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, I am having some problems with RP-0. I've installed all the required extra dependencies and copied the RP-0 folder (latest pre-release) to the game data folder, but when I start a new game all I have in my 'available' contracts windows is the 3 contracts for Remote Tech. There are additional record-breaking contracts (altitude and velocity) in the 'active' contracts window, but that is it.

I really like the structured progression offered by SETI Contracts, but RO/RSS have ruined the stock system and engines for me, so I would really like to have RP-0. Can anyone help?

For me RP-0 doesn't work at all. I an attempting to install it the way Magico13 suggested. If it dose work, I'll tell you.

Oh. I did not even think about looking it up by author. also, I don't really want to download an unstable version of KCT, will the latest stable relese wotk? Thanks! :)

I did look it up on CKAN, but it was not there. Maybe I just have a different version than you? Anyways I believe that this might work, I'm just fixing a few kinks in Gamedata.

Oh. I did not even think about looking it up by author. also, I don't really want to download an unstable version of KCT, will the latest stable relese wotk? Thanks! :D

The latest stable version will work as long as you also install the configs in the KerbalConstructionTime folder, just copy that whole folder into GameData (so it looks like GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/[the config files]) . Just know that those settings are different from the ones you'll have with the development version of Kerbal Construction Time, since that completely redefines how the configs work.

You also don't need to have Kerbal Construction Time at all, it's just recommended, not required :)

- - - Updated - - -

For me RP-0 doesn't work at all. I an attempting to install it the way Magico13 suggested. If it dose work, I'll tell you.

I also used the way Magico13 suggested. I'll think I'll try with a completely fresh install of KSC. Maybe that will work.

Oh. I did not even think about looking it up by author. also, I don't really want to download an unstable version of KCT, will the latest stable relese wotk? Thanks! :)

I did look it up on CKAN, but it was not there. Maybe I just have a different version than you? Anyways I believe that this might work, I'm just fixing a few kinks in Gamedata.

Try looking it by by SXT in the filer, it definitely is in CKAN.

The videos you watched did have a different tech tree: the tree from RP-0-for-KSP-0.90.

We're working on RP-0-for-KSP-1.0, which has a different tree because KSP itself (and thus CTT) is different now.

I will release a new pre shortly, there's been a lot of work since. I also fixed the lingering mention of Tech Manager...

The videos you watched did have a different tech tree: the tree from RP-0-for-KSP-0.90.

We're working on RP-0-for-KSP-1.0, which has a different tree because KSP itself (and thus CTT) is different now.

I will release a new pre shortly, there's been a lot of work since. I also fixed the lingering mention of Tech Manager...

thank you! That dependency confused me so much. Also, I did like the fact that the tech tree was historical and that is why I got RP-0. Also, I think CKAN has the masterfile for RO, because it seems to work like it is supposed to.

I've been away from KSP for quite some time. I haven't totally keep track of everything the last months. However, I wanted to install RP-0. I run on Ksp V1.04

I see that RP-0 and also Techmanager only work on Ksp 0.9 beta then ever version.

Stubborn that I am I installed RP-0 and it's dependencies. Is the fact that the mod is not up to date the reason why my screen goes black when KSP is loading.

I did take my time to browse through the last 10 pages of this thread. I haven't figured out the solution to getting RP-0 to work (if possible)

Or are you guys all running on a older version of KSP?

Edit: Also I see CKAN being mentioned. My CKAN doesn't list Realistic progression or (RP-O) or whith any name it may be listed as.

I've been away from KSP for quite some time. I haven't totally keep track of everything the last months. However, I wanted to install RP-0. I run on Ksp V1.04

I see that RP-0 and also Techmanager only work on Ksp 0.9 beta then ever version.

Stubborn that I am I installed RP-0 and it's dependencies. Is the fact that the mod is not up to date the reason why my screen goes black when KSP is loading.

I did take my time to browse through the last 10 pages of this thread. I haven't figured out the solution to getting RP-0 to work (if possible)

Or are you guys all running on a older version of KSP?

Edit: Also I see CKAN being mentioned. My CKAN doesn't list Realistic progression or (RP-O) or whith any name it may be listed as.

Get the latest release from here and install all the requirements from here. Its still bit WIP though.

Thanks bro, it's working now. Atleast for as far as I can think.

However I seem to be completely stuck at the first missions (reaching over 10.000meters)

I have no Avionics (I know that's part of the realism)

So for that reason you have to create a small probe rocket with a very high TWR.

I even recreated one of the early procedural SRB rocket with the first probe core (sounding rocket avionics package)

But the rocket starts pitching down horizontally when I am only a few hundred meters above the launchpad.

I'm not sure why this is.

What I did notice is that in other youtube videos people would have the launch clamps available from the start. I haven't got that part available, I can imagine it being a vital part for rocket stability when you launch it off the launchpad. Perhaps I forgot something during my installation and I might have more parts missing from the start besides the launch clamps that are necessary.

Are the missing launch clamps the cause of my problem or is it something else?

EDIT

I think my techtree is broken. The Supersonic flight node (the 2nd node) is completely empty. No parts are on that node.

Edited by Vaporized Steel

I am having trouble recovering anything that floats on water. It just moves, and moves and moves. I need to click about 20times before I find a calm enough moment. I guess it will be better once I have floating devices, but I don't have them yet.

Any ideas? What are other people doing?

Yeah, stupidly I have forgotten to make RSS require it. It should. :)

Vaporized Steel: that does sound pretty bad. Probably you didn't download a release and instead downloaded source?

You can grab the release directly with this link:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RP-0/releases/download/v0.00000-testKSP1-9/RP-0-v0.00000-testKSP1-9.zip