Help with the new "Position a Satellite in a Specific Orbit Mission"

After trying for quite some time tonight to complete these missions I just can't. I am totally lost. I'm not having the same issue as most people with getting the build requirements done but I for the life of me cannot figure out how to get my inclination in line with the path they want me to. I tried doing this without Mechjeb and got sick of playing with the flight planner thing so I went to Mechjeb and am still lost. I set my inclination to whatever (in this case 90) and yes it at a 90 degree angle orbiting Kerbal but how do I get my orbit over to their path if that makes sense? I'm probably not wording this very well but I really don't know how to explain it. I've looked for a tutorial and no luck. Once I get my orbit in line with theirs thats easy but I just can't get it right and have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Killa Lawnchair

As for matching inclination, there should be markers that pop up near the ascending/descending nodes (maybe they don't show up on the tier 1 tracking station?). Also, make sure your ship is traveling in the correct direction.

Sounds like the OP has this sorted, but for anyone else who comes here looking for help with these missions, here's my routine:

First, I do an EVA at the space center and put down a flag. Then I turn flags on in the tracking center view, so I can easily locate the KSC. I line up my view so that the camera is in the plane of the target orbit, i.e. the orbit just looks like a straight line. I run time acceleration until the KSC is just crossing the plane of the target orbit. I make a note of roughly which direction the target orbit is (e.g. north by northeast), and then I go do my launch, doing the gravity turn in the direction I noted earlier instead of straight east.

Then as Sirrobert said, match periapsis and apoapsis. It usually requires a very small adjustment after that to get everything matched up.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.