Where did the persistent.sfs file go?

I am wanting to edit several of the parameters in persistent.sfs, but I cannot find it anywhere in the 'KSP_win_0_14_4' folder. Basically I am just wondering if it was removed or something in .14.4.

I have about 15-20 flights in progress at the moment, and several additional ones that have left debris behind, but are they themselves landed and ended on Kerbin. I also have one that I started a while ago and that is now about 1.5 trillion meters away in a sun escape trajectory. I have a couple of Mun bases, and have performed a few rendezvous with artificial Kerbin satellites. In any case, I am saying all this because from what I understand of the nature of the persistent.sfs file, if the version is still using it, there must be one present for all of my flight to be saved.

Additionally, I know I once saw it in the past, but not sure where it was, and now file searches don't reveal anything at all.

I would appreciate help with this if anyone has constructive suggestions or ideas of mathematically absolute nature.

My computer, if it is relevant, is a Lenovo ideacentre Windows 7 HP with an Intel i7 processor 3.4 Ghz, 8 GB ram, Radeon 6450HD

I am pretty sure this has nothing to do with my computer though.

Edited by willitstimothy

Thanks much, but I don't even have a 'saves,' or any synonym of such folder... :(

...in my KSP_win folder that is...

...and I have 0.14.4...

...and I have multiple ships/debris in orbit...

...and they're all still there when I go back again.........

:(

Edited by willitstimothy

Seems like; if you install KSP in a folder you dont have write permissions in, it creates a folder for the user files in your user directory..

something like C:\Users\'NAME'\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\KSP_win

(edit: thanks sjwt)

Can\'t find the topic where Harv gave the details, sorry.

something like C:\Users\YourUserName\Appdata\KerbalSpaceProgram\saves

Indeed, I think I was one of the first to report this and find it..

C:\Users\'NAME'\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\KSP_win