How to see survey missions before accepting?

Am I missing something? It appears like it isn't possible to actually view where a survey mission wants you to go before you accept it (obv. you can see the planet and what the waypoints are, but that doesn't necessarily tell you a whole lot). I was hoping/am hoping I am missing something and you can, for instance, view it on a map before accepting one.

Thanks!

Thanks guys! Now I see how to do it.

Follow on question...just how tolerant are some of these? I tried for probably an hour last night with a Jool survey stuff and I feel like I was probably within...dunno, 20-40km horizontal and maybe only 10km from the survey points and nothing. I am guessing it needs to be a lot more exact (and maybe Jool surveys are NOT the way to go)?

Thanks!

Pretty tolerant. Once you accept the mission and get to the launchpad/runway, go into the map screen, click on the area you're going to, and set it as navigation target. Now a little rectangular icon will show up in the navball. Fly toward it. When it starts blinking, you're where you need to be to perform your task.

Thanks guys! Now I see how to do it.

Follow on question...just how tolerant are some of these? I tried for probably an hour last night with a Jool survey stuff and I feel like I was probably within...dunno, 20-40km horizontal and maybe only 10km from the survey points and nothing. I am guessing it needs to be a lot more exact (and maybe Jool surveys are NOT the way to go)?

Thanks!

I ran one last night without any flight tracking at all -- I just eyeballed it and launched a rocket over in that general direction. I didn't have to get very close before a message popped up on the screen saying "Entering Kerbal Shores" or something like that, which let me know I could crew report and get credit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.