Main GOAL of the game (suggestion)

Hi, developers!

You done great job, good game.

Thanx for it very much.

This is a suggestion. Its very simple to done in KSP: please add THE MAIN GOAL in the game to stimulate us to reach it.

For example:

reach very far planet and build the base on it to collect some science data.

To do it we should need:

1. Collect science "core" data from all planets in the system (from some point on the planet)

2. This data we need to build some blocks on the FAR-FAR planet.

3. Create base on far planet, which needs all this data from all planet.

So we can see % of building the base - amount of science data.

Also, for taking some data we should need 2-3 trips to the moon for example.

So, the game makes much much more interesting!

We need the main GOAL for the game. After reaching it - we achieve some goals in the steam account and got another more great goal, etc for unviersary time.

To be honest, I'd really rather they didn't do that. Having the game open ended is much more appealing to me, and I believe to many other players too.

I can't really add much to this, except to offer a +1, bump, truth...oh and I agree.

I disagree. The game should never have a "final" challenge to complete. We should always be able to make more and bigger challenges for ourselves to strive for. I do agree that we should be able to establish permanent bases though, but I would not accept them as a way to "complete" the game (so no tracking to some kind of "100% completion" metric. Just a "you have bases here, here and here, and each has this or that capability with so many kerbals stationed there. . . ).

I disagree too. Though I do think some form of long term objectives could be implemented. Something along the lines of when you start a career game choose a 'program objective' which defines what the programs prinary goal is, such as Business - make X amount of money, or Research - gain X science, Prestige - gain X Reputation, Exploration - visit X planetary bodies. etc. Or combinations of these. When you achieve you objective you can claim victory and quit. Or carry on playing with or without new objectives. This would give 'victory conditions' for those who want it, or something to work towards to add variety to your games without losing the wonderful open ended nature of this great game.

I disagree too. Though I do think some form of long term objectives could be implemented. Something along the lines of when you start a career game choose a 'program objective' which defines what the programs prinary goal is, such as Business - make X amount of money, or Research - gain X science, Prestige - gain X Reputation, Exploration - visit X planetary bodies. etc. Or combinations of these. When you achieve you objective you can claim victory and quit. Or carry on playing with or without new objectives. This would give 'victory conditions' for those who want it, or something to work towards to add variety to your games without losing the wonderful open ended nature of this great game.

This mode i like. I meaned something like this!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.