[1.3.0] Filter Extensions 3.0.4 (Jul 11)

Crzyrndm

Yea, it's going to have to change for consistency anyway. v1.8 will use the resource name as it is in the configs.

I kinda realised that after wrapping everything up this morning. Next release will just be a packaged GameData as per normal standards ;)

I tried changing the resource names; didn't change anything, the categories aren't loading. Tons of mods running, no clue what's going on. Also, something bad seems to happen when you modify configs for Filter Extensions and then reload the game without deleting ModuleManager's cache... maybe.

I tried changing the resource names; didn't change anything, the categories aren't loading. Tons of mods running, no clue what's going on. Also, something bad seems to happen when you modify configs for Filter Extensions and then reload the game without deleting ModuleManager's cache... maybe.

See my edit RE: your issue (tl;dr it's NF solar again)

Module manager *should* rebuild the cache whenever a cfg is changed. If it isn't, poke sarbian

That would definitely do it, because Nertea is looking for a PNG, and there's no error handling if it can't be found

Fixed it right up. I like the new mod-sorting thing in the advanced menu you've put in. A possible idea - right now, when filtering by function, the custom subcategories are visible (hooray!) when you've selected Filter by Function. What do you think of making it so that the same custom subcategories are also operative when you click on one of the mod categories - essentially mirroring the way Fx sorting happens when also sorting by mod? I could see where that would be excessive for smaller part mods, though.

Fixed it right up. I like the new mod-sorting thing in the advanced menu you've put in. A possible idea - right now, when filtering by function, the custom subcategories are visible (hooray!) when you've selected Filter by Function. What do you think of making it so that the same custom subcategories are also operative when you click on one of the mod categories - essentially mirroring the way Fx sorting happens when also sorting by mod? I could see where that would be excessive for smaller part mods, though.

At the moment I have no way of telling which parts will show in which subcategory for any category (they're done as you open a subcategory). I have a fix (wiping out all non-folder parts in a category), but it's not working and I'm a little stumped as to why :mad:

Don't show empty category's in mods catalogs!

Er, don't tell me that broke (assuming you mean mod Categories that are entirely empty, otherwise see above)...

At the moment I have no way of telling which parts will show in which subcategory for any category (they're done as you open a subcategory). I have a fix (wiping out all non-folder parts in a category), but it's not working and I'm a little stumped as to why :mad:

Er, don't tell me that broke (assuming you mean mod Categories that are entirely empty, otherwise see above)...

I just mean that, for example, when I choose Filter by Function (in the advanced menu, above the mod categories), I get all of the subcategories (like Power Storage, etc.) that are defined in the config files. But when you filter by mod in the advanced section of the menu, that mod's parts are then only further filtered by the original stock subcategories - it might be good (I'm not sure) to apply the custom subcategories as subcategories for the selected mod too. Hopefully that makes sense (ish)

EDIT: I think what Kolago means, and I agree if it is actually possible, is this: Let's say you filter by mod in the advanced menu (as a category). Is it possible to hide SUBCATEGORIES (e.g. Power Storage, Wheels & Tracks, whatever) that have no parts in them when first filtering by mod?

Edited by AccidentalDisassembly

Its working now, unfortunately only with vanilla ksp! That means that I have to check my other 70 mods to find the one that is not compatible! :)

Logs would help

EDIT: I think what Kolago means, and I agree if it is actually possible, is this: Let's say you filter by mod in the advanced menu (as a category). Is it possible to hide SUBCATEGORIES (e.g. Power Storage, Wheels & Tracks, whatever) that have no parts in them when first filtering by mod?

I would have to implement rather a lot of checks to achieve something like this of which I am rather leery.

As I said before, each subcategory doesn't know what parts it contains *until* you actually open it. That makes filtering out empty subCategories rather annoying because the requirement then becomes check every part against every subCategory. I'll get it done somehow, but the solutions I have are all rather terrible at this stage.

Edited by Crzyrndm

Logs would help

I would have to implement rather a lot of checks to achieve something like this of which I am rather leery.

As I said before, each subcategory doesn't know what parts it contains *until* you actually open it. That makes filtering out empty subCategories rather annoying because the requirement then becomes check every part against every subCategory. I'll get it done somehow, but the solutions I have are all rather terrible at this stage.

That sounds like a lot of trouble. Maybe the easiest would just be to have an "all" subcategory; if the mod doesn't have many parts in many categories, just click on that and see everything on one page...?

That sounds like a lot of trouble. Maybe the easiest would just be to have an "all" subcategory; if the mod doesn't have many parts in many categories, just click on that and see everything on one page...?

Already exists (you just have to add it manually). Add a mod folder subcategory, will show all parts from that mod.

I prefer to group multiple smaller mods into a single category so I don't have issues like this (you can also make a standard category and lump all the small mods in as subCategories. The mod categories were really only intended for those with really large numbers of parts)

Edited by Crzyrndm

Found the Problem... I use KSPRC as graphic upgrade wich again is using the texture replacer! One part of it

are new textures for stock parts. After deleting those everything is nice and running!

Now I can finally start to write some configs for all those mods!

Thank you for this awesome mod! :)

Already exists (you just have to add it manually). Add a mod folder subcategory, will show all parts from that mod.

I prefer to group multiple smaller mods into a single category so I don't have issues like this (you can also make a standard category and lump all the small mods in as subCategories. The mod categories were really only intended for those with really large numbers of parts)

Not required to be manually. The autoloader replaces manufacturer with mods folder. So in the folder for that mod you have all the part with no more subcategories. For small mods that's more than enough I think.

For bigger mods I agree with people that suggest that the custom filter should not only apply to f(X) category but also to the mods in the general menu (B9, NFT, USI). I prefer that, even if at the moment that means some subcategories will be empty mods are big, but not have everything).

Since a lot of people is playing with cfg files (which I like and find very useful) I will keep my self to the icon section and refrain from stomping or duplicate others work. For now at least ;).

Edited by KaiserSoze

Great I'll test them rigth now.

I'm also adding big mod to the general mods categrory. For my personal use I have also added Squad Folder, because once you have too many mods like me sometimes is good to have the vanilla part somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Found the issue with tweakscale.

In the latest version it has a dummy part. It seems its required for it. Part doesn't exist really, but since its a part cfg file the autolader puts tweakscale as a "mod_with_parts". However when the mod is selected is emty. I don't see any possible solution unless the mod is removed via black list.

If later on you change the filters to load their parts before they are clicked you may add a check for empty (which also could happen in sucategories filters). I, for once have no hurry with this issue, it's no big problem for me. Just informing of the situation.

Found the issue with tweakscale.

In the latest version it has a dummy part. It seems its required for it. Part doesn't exist really, but since its a part cfg file the autolader puts tweakscale as a "mod_with_parts". However when the mod is selected is emty. I don't see any possible solution unless the mod is removed via black list.

If later on you change the filters to load their parts before they are clicked you may add a check for empty (which also could happen in sucategories filters). I, for once have no hurry with this issue, it's no big problem for me. Just informing of the situation.

Oh, that's a really easy fix. Will be in for next release ;)

Feature request:

a new "Check Types" for "PROPELLANT" to filter engines for special fuels like in mod "Real Fuels" or "Karbonite"

Some "Custom Filters" for engines are then obsolete.

Edited by Kolago

Feature request:

a new "Check Types" for "PROPELLANT" to filter engines for special fuels like in mod "Real Fuels" or "Karbonite"

Some "Custom Filters" for engines are then obsolete.

Already done, waiting on release ;)

syntax

// Check for stock Rocket engine
CHECK
{
type = propellant
value = LiquidFuel, Oxidizer
}

or

// Check for stock Jet engine
CHECK
{
type = propellant
value = LiquidFuel
}
CHECK
{
type = propellant
value = Oxidizer
invert = true
}

There is also a new size CHECK which matches the largest stack node on a part

syntax

-1 is radial (no stack nodes), 0 is 0.625m, after that is (size * 1.25)m
CHECK
{
type = size
value = 0, 3 // return true for 0.625m and 3.75m parts
}

Edited by Crzyrndm

Any reason the below config doesn't seem to add the mod parts to the catagory? AIES_Aerospace is the name of the mod folder, it creates the icon but all categories are empty. It worked fine when I did it for SpaceY heavy lifters mod, but AIES isn't seeming to play nice.

CATEGORY
{
title = AIES
icon = NearFutureSpacecraft
colour = #FF90F090
type = mod
value = AIES_Aerospace
}

All the check can have several values now?

CHECK
{
type = ???
value = 1, 2, 3
}

I'm slowly adding it retroactively (so no, not all). It's a nice way to reduce clutter (EDIT: And I just realised I'm not being consistent in their behaviour..., propellants requires all entries to be true (AND), size is an OR.... Going to have to revise this.)

Any reason the below config doesn't seem to add the mod parts to the catagory? AIES_Aerospace is the name of the mod folder, it creates the icon but all categories are empty. It worked fine when I did it for SpaceY heavy lifters mod, but AIES isn't seeming to play nice.

CATEGORY
{
title = AIES
icon = NearFutureSpacecraft
colour = #FF90F090
type = mod
value = [COLOR=#ff0000]AIES[/COLOR]
}

It's probably looking for AIES on it's own. I'll get that fixed (EDIT fixed for v1.8)

Edited by Crzyrndm