[0.90] Stage only fuel doesn't work well

Windows 64bits, KSP 32 bits 0.90.705 Beta

Whenever I fly a rocket with a TR-18A stack decouper (I only try it with this part), after launching my craft, If I have more than one stages separated by the decoupler, the button stage only in the resources windows does not show the remaining amount of fuel for this stage and instead, it shows the total of the craft.

One screenshot to clarify it (one image worth more than 1000 words):

90gSjEC.png

Thanks for the picture, because you're right, it's a lot easier to see what you are describing. :) Although I'm not sure if you're asking a question or posting some feedback?

What you are seeing is definitely how KSP is meant to be mechanized. The resource reading in the top right includes all fuel on the vessel (even fuel you've locked out from use). If you look in the lower left, the yellow bar shows how much fuel is available to that engine.

Showing fuel by stage could be useful also, but it gets tricky. Fuel by stage doesn't mean it's actually accessible by the engines in that stage. And with fuel lines running across decouplers, it can also get weird. Do you include fuel available from across the fuel line? Or just what's below that stage?

I think the readouts from MechJeb and/or KER do it pretty well (although I'm thinking of the dV readouts off hand). They show what's available for that stage and assume you're going to stage as soon as the fuel for that stage is consumed, even if there are fuel lines attached across decouplers.

Cheers,

~Claw

Yup, I just checked it in 0.25 and it works the same as in 0.90.

I suposse I will have to write a thread in suggestion sub-forum. :D

You can delete the post as it is not a bug.

Cheers and thanks for a quick response!

I also found that the Resource window gets glitchy when you have the "Stage Only" box checked IF you have engine+decoupler together in the next stage

Good:

tf7QC0O.png

Bad, just from changing the staging order:

ls3SV8x.png

In the OP's post, he has the decoupler and engine together as well. It's interesting though that his is broken in a different way than mine.

I retested it and now it worked as I was expecting the first time... quite strange...

wIBSTcY.png

Edit #1:

I re-tried it putting in the stage #2 the engine + the decoupler and the result was the same as in the pic.

Edit #2:

I retried again this time putting the engine + decoupler in the stage #1 and this time the result was the same as in the OP pic

za3BgFP.png

Maybe is something wrong with the stage #1

Edited by lttito

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.