some textures randomly become blurry?

I recently started using Ubuntu and 64bit KSP. I am getting a bug where some textures, primarily buttons in KSC, will randomly become blurry while playing. It is always the same textures that eventually become blurry, and the problem temporarily goes away when restarting KSP. If it makes any difference, I am using an AMD graphics card, and am using the default open source driver, as attempting to use the proprietary drivers available in Settings- Software & Updates causes KSP to freeze whenever I rotate the camera.

I have also recently found the problem affects the Scansat mod, too, which makes this bug too annoying to ignore. Please help

saw this in another thread about a similar issue with OSX, i'll leave it here in the hope that it helps :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/104905-OSX-Malloc-crashes

This looks like a Mac OS X and Linux issue that cropped up during expirementals. Try disabling edge highlighting in the settings – you may have to edit the settings.cfg. It's supposed to be off by default unless you copied over your settings file.

When you say "spinning beachball of death," do you mean the game hung/stopped responding? That's the usual result for out of memory issues on OS X.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.