Spacebar Staging

First, I am a brand new player, so please forgive my stellar level of ignorance.

I've played the tutorials, searched the forums here, and checked my key bindings twice each. For all that effort I still cannot figure out why my spacebar is not activating my stages. I have them set up properly, and I know this because when I manually activate them they are becoming spent in the correct order. I realize this must be a very obvious issue for most of you, but I cannot figure it out. Please help! :(

Edited by CravenTHC
Question Answered

It would help if you provided a screenshot showing your staging layout and ship, but have you checked if you have stage lock on (MOD(Alt)+L by default - it turns the stage light blue), or if you're on docking mode?

Also don't worry about sounding stupid, this is a game about rocket science :PEverybody does something incredibly stupid at least once :P

Oh and welcome to the forums (and KSP) :D

The stage light was light purple, just like Gene describes in the tutorial. It seems to have been some kind of small bug because simply restarting the game fixed the issue. I'm not sure what caused it in the first place though. Thanks for your input.

If you mouse over the staging list then it locks automatically until you move the mouse cursor away. The idea I think is to prevent you from accidentally staging while you're in the middle of changing the stages.

First, I am a brand new player, so please forgive my stellar level of ignorance.

Wow, you've reached stellar levels of ignorance already - that took me months!

As the man said:

Also don't worry about sounding stupid, this is a game about rocket science :PEverybody does something incredibly stupid at least once :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.