Problem on start-up

I would bet all my KSP money that this has already been posted, but i cannot for the life of me find it in the forums.

So I was trying to install the kethane mod, but I was doing it totally wrong. I ended up putting the file in the wrong folder (under downloads(?)). Anyways i ditched kethane because it "wasn't compatible with the current version of KSP." So I found Karbonite and decided to try it. i installed it in the same place on my first try (the wrong place) then looked up an online tutorial and found the correct place to put it. Then I booted up KSP and everything looked good. I opened my sandbox game. I tried to click on the rocket construction facility, but it wouldn't open. I clicked it about a million times, and it wouldn't open. Neither would the aerospace hanger. I clicked on the astronaut center and it opened, but once i exited that, nothing would respond. I couldn't open any of the facilities nor could i time warp.

I'm totally stuck. I admit my experience with games is minimal. (I have no idea what I'm doing).

Does anyone have any idea whats going on?

Update: I tried uninstalling KSP and re-downloading it, and nothing changed.

Update again: I have 3 saved games: 1 regular sandbox, 1 science sandbox, and 1 career. I really only use science sandbox as thats where most of my progress and infrastructure are. This also seems to be the only one I am experiencing the problem in. The other 2 work perfectly.

Edited by NASAengineer

I did a fresh install without any mods and still experienced the problem.

Honestly I can't even find the folder i was putting them in the first time. Again, I'm a novice at this. I was kinda pasting it in places and hoping it would work. But I removed all the files i copied.

The second time, I looked up a tutorial, and they said put it in the GameData folder. It was Kerbal Space Program->GameData.

Edited by NASAengineer

It's probably not the install but the save file instead, most of the time if you have a modded save and remove something it prevents the save from loading, I guess adding Karbonite broke the existing save.

Have you tried a new save yet?

If you have problems with a new save then something is seriously wrong, either way we'll need to see your logs, very likely there's a null reference error in there.

It does make sense, but I don't know if it'll work, you'll have to back the save up and carefully copy over all the Kerbals, building states, completed contracts and vessels including debris, it may be easier to compare the files and copy over whatever Karbonite added instead.

Good luck.

Alright I have no idea how to do that, but I'll try and figure it out. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

So I'm convinced that the problem is in the persistence file. I copied the persistence file of my save game and loaded it onto a clean slate game. This resulted in the same problem. Going through the entire persistence file would take me years, and even there I wouldn't know what to look for. Any ideas?

Thanks

So for future reference, if anyone experiences this same problem, it was not an error with the mod at all. The problem was with the crew members I fired. Here's a link to another thread which explains it all:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105501-Cannot-do-anything?p=1639952#post1639952

Thanks to everyone who commented on this thread!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.