Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number of Processors: 2

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Processor): 8 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

ATI Radeon HD 5770 VRAM (Total): 1024 MB

What Happens:Game hangs/beachballs when trying to start a new game or training session

Mods / Add-Ons: All Stock/clean install

Steps to Replicate:

1) Game initially loads normally, game start menu works fine and can change settings etc.

2) When trying to start a new game, it allows me to create a name etc, but then changes to black screen with loading image in bottom right corner, it freezes at that point requiring forced quit.

3) Alternatively, when trying the training missions, mission list screen displays, can select a mission, but selected mission screen then only part loads before freezing, requiring forced quit (Image attached below)

Result: In both cases, the game hangs and beachballs, requiring a forced quit

Other Notes/Pictures/Log Files:

- player log file http://pastebin.com/jyv6y6Mp

- KSP.log http://pastebin.com/vnK0HvRy

- Mission screen grab http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu288/freedeebloke/grabs/ScreenShot2015-01-02at213411.png

Game was bought for me and i've not been able to play it yet at all! Although the machine i'm using is older than most, it's no slouch and runs other recent games as well as streaming them at the same time without any problems.

Tried reducing all graphic settings but the same problem persists. I see there are a few issues with Yosemite and due to other compatibility problems between Yosemite and other applications i use, upgrading from Mavericks is not an option for me. I'm busting to play this so any ideas would be appreciated!

Well, I haven't seen this before....

Receiving unhandled NULL exceptionObtained 52 stack frames.
#0 0x00000097d64710 in strlen
#1 0x000000001c5055 in ReadFontFiles()
#2 0x000000001c547d in DynamicFontData::GetFaceForFontRef(FontRef&, std::vector<PPtr<Font>, stl_allocator<PPtr<Font>, (MemLabelIdentifier)26, 16> >&)
#3 0x000000001c5572 in DynamicFontData::GetFaceForCharacterIfAvailableInFont(FontRef&, std::vector<PPtr<Font>, stl_allocator<PPtr<Font>, (MemLabelIdentifier)26, 16> >&, unsigned int)
#4 0x000000001c56d6 in DynamicFontData::GetFaceForCharacter(std::vector<UnityStr, stl_allocator<UnityStr, (MemLabelIdentifier)26, 16> >&, std::vector<PPtr<Font>, stl_allocator<PPtr<Font>, (MemLabelIdentifier)26, 16> >&, unsigned int, unsigned int)
#5 0x000000001c5cbc in Font::GetCharacterBitmap(unsigned int&, unsigned int&, unsigned int&, RectT<float>&, float&, unsigned int, int, unsigned int)
#6 0x000000001c996a in Font::AddCharacterToTexture(unsigned int, int, unsigned int)
#7 0x000000001ca9b3 in Font::CacheFontForText(unsigned short*, int, int, unsigned int, std::vector<TextFormatChange, std::allocator<TextFormatChange>

It looks like there might be a corrupt font somewhere? The other symptoms might indicate a permissions issue, though. Check this thread; under the Mac OSX Specific Issues heading, try the steps outlined in the Permissions step. :)

The only other thing I can think of is trying to reinstall your fonts, but I honestly am not sure where to start myself on that.

Well, I haven't seen this before....

It looks like there might be a corrupt font somewhere? The other symptoms might indicate a permissions issue, though. Check this thread; under the Mac OSX Specific Issues heading, try the steps outlined in the Permissions step. :)

The only other thing I can think of is trying to reinstall your fonts, but I honestly am not sure where to start myself on that.

You sir, are a legend! I reset my fonts back to system standard in fontbook and it appears to now work!

I'm going to do a few more tests to see how everything runs, but after restoring the fonts i was able to load the 1st tutorial without any issue.

Would never have even thought of fonts being the issue, that would have had me scratching my head for days lol!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.