is there any tips for .90?

awsomejwags

Found some nice

videos on Youtube yesterday, he's also doing a series with mods. So far, the most enjoyable 0.90 hard mode I've seen. Not too long, cuts out the gunk and is enjoyable to listen to.

Thus far from the very liuttle I've played on my hard mode career is,

a) Achieve the contract and nothing more. Specifically for the altitude records. If you go for Orbit on the first launch you'll miss a bunch of contracts offering you money to hit about 5 different altitudes.

B) I miss the manoeuvre nodes a LOT, can't wait to unlock those again.

c) You don;t have to accept all contracts, decline the stupid ones.

d) Don't kill Jeb by forgetting to put a decoupler in and then watch him burn up on re-entry.

On a more serious note, I find the most useful building to upgrade first is Mission Control. Going from 2 to 7 contracts means a lot more flexibility and a lot more money, which speeds up the process for all of the other building upgrades. After your first couple of missions, definitely consider investing in a Mission Control upgrade. :)

The other tip I have on buildings is to always upgrade the Launchpad before the VAB - the Launchpad upgrades are both cheaper and more critical.

Edited by Kerano

Not to be harsh or anything, but... what's with the blurry 480p?

It's only the first video in that series. He doesn't have great internet but moved to doing 720p after enough requests.

He's far from Scott Manely levels of expertise and regularly gets it horribly wrong, but he also doesn't bore me to death.

Take the money to science strategy in the admin building. After a few satellite contracts, you'll have enough science to unlock all the nodes so you can skip all the science harvesting from the biomes.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.