Tell us about the glitches that have happened to you!

Manters

Unconscious kerbals because you rolled your rover. If there was a timer that said "Wakes up in 10 minutes" I could cope, but the current behaviour is silly. Either kill them and *poof* them away so we know what's happened, or make them respond again...

- - - Updated - - -

I then tried to un-dock it, where it proceeded to do.... nothing. I couldn't get it free, and attempts to switch to it were futile.

Ferram updated Kerbal Joint Reinforcement a few days ago to solve an issue with un-docking shielded ports. If yours is 3.0 or earlier, worth going and grabbing the dev version from it's GitHub repo :)

Unless you're using the MK2 clamp-o-tron, which I'm also having issues with and which doesn't seem to be KJR at fault.

Week ago in sandbox, VAB launchpad blew up while i was testing rocket engines low to med thrusts. Launch Stability arms and the ship were still there but launchpad became rubble. I then confirm it was a glitch because i couldn't recreate the event after a game restart.

8w91CYO.png

Way back when I was relatively new to KSP, I was returning from my first ever successful Duna visit. I came home to Kerbin and entered the atmosphere at the North Polar Cap. Re-entry went well, everything went as expected. I parachuted gently to the ground and touched down effortlessly. Jeb emerged, victorious, and as he set foot on the arctic tundra to bask in the admiration of all Kerbals, the Kraken decided to football-punt him into deep space at around 24,000 m/s. He was last seen entering Rigel's SOI.

i cant stop picturing a kraken holding a kerbal and then kicking him at lightspeed out of the solar system from kerbin. :P

What about the lovely "docking ports won't undock" bug that can only be fixed by save-file editing? I think I'm cursed or something, because this bug happens to me all. the. dang. time.

It happened on my sigma mission.

It happened on my outer wilds mission.

And now it just happened on my most recent mission. Now I have go into the 200,000+ line persistence file and find the ONE docking port that's causing the problem... Ugh...

Also this:

a3wblso.jpg

Although its hard to tell from this picture, the command seat is actually attached to the radial drop tank instead of the center tank. I have no idea how this happened...

Also Klaws are buggy. (not just in the planet destroying way)

Just today I ran into a rather odd one. I have an asteroid catcher attached to an asteroid, and the moment I time accelerate, it self-destructs quite violently. Mind you, this seems to be completely unrelated to whether or not it's attached to or even within 2.5km of the asteroid; it just sort of spontaneously explodes the moment time warp reverts to 1x after going above it.

I'll just mention a couple of recent ones, using .90

I had an SSTO space plane re-entering, coming towards KSC, about 10-15 km up and I guess about 20 km away. Suddenly, theft wing breaks off. I press F3 and it says " wing collided with launch pad". I resume. The now-doomed space plane is starting to go out of control then the right wing also breaks off. I press F3 again and it says THAT wing collided with the launch pad!

Then on a recent mission to Dres, I was flying a manned probe that used a command chair for the Kerbal pilot to sit in. I was flying thru the narrow deep canyon on Dres. A couple of times, ended up hitting the side and the ship tumbled, but survived. The Kerbal had fallen out, took a long time to wake up. But he can't plant a flag, can't do a report. In one case, he never moved, but was standing up looking alert, not rag-doll unconscious.. In another case, he moved but I couldn't get him to get back into the command chair, the option was not there.

I went he space center, came back, and…. both times the Kerbal was GONE. It was as though he had either been a ghost, or a zombie. In both cases, I had not done a save before he got secretly "killed", so I had to use Hyperedit to put a new Kerbal in his place.

Do not no if that is unique somehow to Dres, or an issue that's come up since I switched from playing .23 to .90.

- GeorgeG

Hell Krakens. Lots of them.

I also tried the "infinite fuel with lots of the O-10s" thing that Scott Manley showcased. To keep it from flipping over due to FAR, I tried adding winglets to it. Bad idea.

Next thing I knew, I was speeding out of the solar system with 40-digit velocity numbers on my navball. I think I ended up at a few hundred yottameters.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.