Mods that would make for a good IVA only game

Ivankesja

What are some mods you guys could suggest to make the game better if I were to play it entirely without 3rd person, thus IVA only. Thus better inside views and panels, also if possible 1st person view for the kerbals to and cameras for seeing things like docking or placing stuff. And if you know a way to have IVA the default view or just disable 3rd person in flight, I would love to know how to do that.

Also two side questions any mod out there that allows building in space, thus making shipyards in orbit and on other worlds but without being to overpowered thus requires resources or something to make stuff? And also what would be some good mods that would help add more parts for ships and stations, but not be overkill to gameplay thus make it to easy to do things early on. Oh and almost forgot anything that can extend the number of hotkeys, since IVA limits me from right clicking and using a lot of stuff.

Also if you list a lot of mods, please tell me if they all work together or not and if possible that have a texture reduction pack or something include to (you know so game doesn't overload)

What I plan to get so far:

Deadly re-entry

Tac life support

FAR

Kerbal attachment system

(Most likely) B9

(Most likely) interstellar

Improved nav ball

Docking camera

infernal robotics

kerbal engineering

(maybe) KW Rocketry *forgot if it parts are overkill or not*

Edited by Ivankesja

I play about 90% IVA ever since installing RPM and Kerbquake

RPM integrates with Scansat too so if you have scanned the planet you can see the terrain and biome maps in the cockpit.

s9zTbjW.png

As you can see I haven't finished the scanning yet in this save

RpgIitP.png

I think the cameras were added as part of the RPM mod but I'm not 100% certain about that

rJFdBid.jpg

Forgot about RPM possibly because I never had time to use it before, but that kerbquake mod I like the looks of because it reminded me how IVA does lack of sense of motion and force.

It adds a lot to the immersion, one of those mods that once you get used to playing with it installed you can't go back to the way it was, hopefully squad will consider integrating both RPM and Kerbquake at some point.

Forgot about RPM possibly because I never had time to use it before, but that kerbquake mod I like the looks of because it reminded me how IVA does lack of sense of motion and force.

RPM is bundled with B9 as is JSI which adds cameras. Consider also vessel viewer to go with RPM.

How would you want to handle map view and maneuver nodes in an IVA-only challenge? I'm not aware of any alternative for those, but I'd love to see it if there were.

He could easily handle map view in an IVA only challenge using things like RPM, but maneuver nodes aren't needed.

How would you want to handle map view and maneuver nodes in an IVA-only challenge? I'm not aware of any alternative for those, but I'd love to see it if there were.

Well RPM shows me all the stuff I need in terms of nav ball info, also opening the map I'd say is still far game since you could easily say it's just kerbals tracking system sending you flight plans. But granted it's not really needed, provided if you know you have the proper data displayed to you in the cockpit. Which for the most part RPM provides thus the rest is just simple data pulling, some math, and some guess work (unless you know all the needed math).

On that note who else would like to see a kerbal player do an multi-part mission, without any assistance thus they calculate everything for the flight paths, rendezvous (including docking, landings, ascents, and ect?

Anyways, anyone have any other suggestions for improving IVA or making IVA the default view. Also just something worth suggesting because it's good is fine to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.