[CKAN plugin] Browse KerbalStuff.com from CKAN - v1.0

nlight

Note: This is a _plugin_ for CKAN written and provided by me. It is not supported, promoted or endorsed by the CKAN team, KerbalStuff or anyone else but me.

If CKAN plugins are not loading for you, please try with this CKAN development build.

Since CKAN v1.5.5 supports plugins, I'm paving the way for even cooler stuff with a [Moderator removed defunct website link] browser that integrates into CKAN.

Here is a screenshot of the KS main page - note the CKAN icon on mods which can be installed using CKAN:

i9ZuNoG.png

It gets better, clicking install adds the mod to the CKAN install list:

PWBq5qt.png

To use this you need only two things:

- The latest CKAN version

[Moderator removed defunct website link]

To install use the "Add new.." button in Settings -> CKAN plugins, or copy the DLL to <KSP_root>/CKAN/Plugins.

The plugin's source can be found in the GitHub repo, everything licensed under the MIT License.

More information on how to develop your own CKAN plugins can be found here.

Edited by James Kerman
link removed

Tried adding the plugin, via CKAN itself, as above. But it doesn't then list the plugin as active once you've done that, even after a restart. In my case, I suspect it's the fact I'm running it through Mono to get CKAN to run on a Mac. I get a Mono message to say the path to the plugin is invalid, even though I can see it in Finder.

Maybe PC users having more luck?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Plugin loaded in the log as per:

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=monospace]6219 [1] WARN CKAN.PluginController (null) - Successfully instantiated type "KerbalStuffPlugin, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" from KerbalStuffPlugin, Version=1.0.0.[/FONT][/COLOR][FONT=monospace]0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null.dll

And the new tab appears, however the tab is just gray, there is no website being shown. CKAN v1.6.22-0-g007717d.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 19.03.2016 at 0:06 AM, Papa_Joe said:

It will be a long-awaited upgrade!

1 minute ago, Jarik8419 said:

1 minute ago, Jarik8419 said:

2 hours ago, Papa_Joe said:

I've sent a PM to the author.   I'm waiting on a response.   If none, I'll create a replacement plugin for SpaceDock

On 3/21/2016 at 4:06 PM, Jarik8419 said:

I've had no word from the Original Author.  Since the license allows it, I've completed the rewrite and have a build to test.   I'll let everyone know soon.  If needed I'll release with a new thread for the spacedock specific plugin.

Edited by Papa_Joe

Ok, initial testing looks promising.   Still need to test the additional functions besides browsing, but here:

bVriyeF.png

If you wish to help test, there will be a beta release on github soon.   I'll post when I have it pushed. 

Edited by Papa_Joe

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

@Papa_Joe how's it going with SpaceDock? Sorry to bother you. Love CLS.

I think it was reported that it is working now.   I've not tried myself, as I have a working copy in my build from Development.  give it a shot and you tell me?  current version is 1.2.1.4.  should be working as far as I know with CKAN.

Correction:  I had the wrong thread.   I've not touched this effort since KSP 1.1 through1.1.2 came out.  As soon as I get SM and CLS stable after the numerous changes to KSP, I will revisit.  Thanks for reminding me! :D

Edited by Papa_Joe
correction of response

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.