Caesar, help me out here

ping111

To be honest, this is a matter of what game company you go for.

There\'s a great deal of difference between the RTS games.

If you go for the Total War games you need to be adept at commanding your armies at ground level.

If you go for Paradox games, it is not as much fighting (although knowing how to defeat other armies correctly is a bonus) as it is administration. Currently, i have a game going with Byzantium, 130 years in, i have half of the mediterranean and is currently westernizing it, this is all due to good administration.

It comes down to what you want, if you are a tactician and a general, go for Total War, if you are a politician and administrator, go for Paradox.

I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours of experience in both series, and whichever you choose i can get you started quite easily.

Fascinating... Can you please link me to a good Paradox game for Mac? I really like the sound of that. Yes, I\'m more a Twilight Sparkle than a Mayor when it comes to Winter Wrap-up - instead of commandeering the groups around, I like to look at the big picture.

EDIT: Found it. Looks like EU3 for me... I know how much you love that one, Caesar... Yeah, Ascen, you\'re gonna hafta help me out here...

Oh boy ping

Eu3, steep learning curv, and to me wasnt that addicting, but easily mddable, i made a mod for it too, so this is goodm make sure to get the expansions though(that work for mac ofc)

Rome total war: It goes for the mac, and it still has mods like pc version, and, well...THE BEST GAME EVER

Also, age of empires 3 is good, new world conquest, so muskets, if you want medieval then get aoe2

Other games...i cant think of any other mac games.

Civilization V/5 is good got it for Christmas is can be addicting

If you do, please consult me, i can get you past the steep learning curve, in this game, the most important stuff is done in the beginning of the game. I can spell properly too. :L

Ahem

Anyway dont listen to ascen he plays eu3 with his own custom mod and he dosent bother reinstalling, so you can face me, prepare to fall!

Victoria is like EU3, but tenfold more difficult.

Yes, and tenfold as stupid, the abolishment of the manpower system has made me throw my monitor several times.

But i actually managed to topple the ottoman empire as greece and found the byzantine empire through careful administration, although a lot of illogical stuff happended along the way.

also, i am annoyed at how quick immigration is in the game, and that Prussia/Austria never refrains from taking Jutland as well as Slesvig-Holsten, that makes no historical sense.

EDIT: Found my game, it\'s a bit messy to the south, though.

byzziepower.png

Civ4 and expansions are available on Mac and happen to be my favourite.

I also enjoyed Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War so much that I decided to buy parallels to run it. It has been the mainstay of many a \'LAN fest\' with my friends...

I would also echo support for the Total War series, I played Shogun (the first shogun) once and was hooked on Total War immediately. Sadly it isn\'t available for Mac and parallels gets quite freaked out by it.

If your interested in another style of game I would also recommend Silent Hunter 3, the second game I bought parallels for. It runs like a dream and is relatively old now. Still one of my favourites.

Hope this is useful. :D

Civ4 and expansions are available on Mac and happen to be my favourite.

I also enjoyed Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War so much that I decided to buy parallels to run it. It has been the mainstay of many a \'LAN fest\' with my friends...

I would also echo support for the Total War series, I played Shogun (the first shogun) once and was hooked on Total War immediately. Sadly it isn\'t available for Mac and parallels gets quite freaked out by it.

If your interested in another style of game I would also recommend Silent Hunter 3, the second game I bought parallels for. It runs like a dream and is relatively old now. Still one of my favourites.

Hope this is useful. :D

You have DoW? We MUST arrange a match soonish. .-.

707 has it too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.