Strange Goings On

pippaf1

I've got an ad blocker plugin, so I never got this problem.

What does CTRL+f5 do? k_undecided.gif

It's a hard refresh, forces everything to reload including cached web page elements. If anyone does still get this redirect I suggest clearing your cached content and downloaded content.

In Firefox:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-clear-firefox-cache#w_clear-the-cache

And in Chrome:

https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/95582?hl=en

If it still happens after that, please post.

KV,

A mod on another forum having this same issue said that she was able to block lemode-mgz. They still have adchoices running and no issues.

Not sure how that works, but if you can do it then you won't lose revenue from the non-malicious ads.

Best,

-Slashy

KV,

A mod on another forum having this same issue said that she was able to block lemode-mgz. They still have adchoices running and no issues.

Not sure how that works, but if you can do it then you won't lose revenue from the non-malicious ads.

Best,

-Slashy

Thanks for all the help Slashy, I've been doing some research of my own and forwarded that to the guys in Mexico who will probably be able to deal with this on Monday. It is indeed possible to block the ads that cause this redirect, but I don't have the necessary access from here, so until then the ads will remain disabled.

Thanks for all the help Slashy, I've been doing some research of my own and forwarded that to the guys in Mexico who will probably be able to deal with this on Monday. It is indeed possible to block the ads that cause this redirect, but I don't have the necessary access from here, so until then the ads will remain disabled.

KV,

No problem! Thanks for sorting it out so quickly.

Best,

-Slashy

How come the people causing this don't realize that redirecting us does not make us want to read your dang website!?

It'll just make you hated by the entire Internet...

1) The people running the website are idiots, who hire marketing firms based on overly simplistic metrics (i.e. pageviews);

2) The people running the marketing are scum. Who get paid on a per-view basis, with no connection to sales, so they don't care how irritated the viewers are.

OTOH, the people running those particular websites are both idiots and scum. Pushing pseudoscientific quackery is not a victimless crime.

1) The people running the website are idiots, who hire marketing firms based on overly simplistic metrics (i.e. pageviews);

2) The people running the marketing are scum. Who get paid on a per-view basis, with no connection to sales, so they don't care how irritated the viewers are.

OTOH, the people running those particular websites are both idiots and scum. Pushing pseudoscientific quackery is not a victimless crime.

I would go with just #1. So, your game is 'highly regarded' and you can't allocate a percentage of the money made to finance official forums, which also happen to be the only reliable way of getting support for the game?

I'll sure Adblock the drac out of you.

You may have missed some of the context from earlier in this thread. There were some ads that redirected forum goers to other sites, so Kasper shut down all Google ads until the offending ads could be specifically removed.

Everyone left is talking about why another website would even bother with such an ad when it's just going to annoy everyone who sees it.

You may have missed some of the context from earlier in this thread. There were some ads that redirected forum goers to other sites, so Kasper shut down all Google ads until the offending ads could be specifically removed.

Everyone left is talking about why another website would even bother with such an ad when it's just going to annoy everyone who sees it.

No I haven't. I'm just questioning the necessity of ads to be put on these forums, considering KSP is a game you have to buy and all that.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.