xxx

jcas2k

AlphaAsh - all copyrights -

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

ok, post deleted ... sorry for the inconvenience, I will continue on my own.

Edited by jcas2k

I used kerbinside components that stand in interesting places into planets for people to locate and perhaps will add a touch of exploration of planets that have zero anormalies. Now, who would not like this, it's simple, do not download. Thanks... Image gallery Very Soon

Excuse me, much of that's my artwork which you did not obtain permission to use. See the licence for KerbinSide.

PD: YES.. i'm using parts of Kerbinside. If you don't like this, please dont see it and please not download it. Thanks.

But I do see it. No, I'm not downloading it.

Edited by Master Tao

I used kerbinside components that stand in interesting places into planets for people to locate and perhaps will add a touch of exploration of planets that have zero anormalies. Now, who would not like this, it's simple, do not download. Thanks... Image gallery Very Soon

It seems you didn't quite get my question, - but it's obsolete now anyways..

if you can't be bothered to make your own models, this download will probbably be removed soon anyways..

actually a shame - new annomalies are overdue - however copyrights have to be adhered..

That is the more important question in this case

never mind..

...new annomalies are overdue...

Shoot me a PM chap if you'd like to discuss having some new anomalies for NCI. I can make some time to do some art for you as long as you're happy to do the setting up with KK.

Nothing dead about PFCE. I still use it as do some others. PFCE is still the best mod for creating detailed planets and if you're running 64bit in linux the RAM issue isn't a problem. This is moot point anyway, since this download will be removed as you're clearly not following license rules.

i don't speak english but here we go:

======================================

Thanks for few positives comments...

I can not believe many negative comments about something that I use as many peoples here, and I adapt to my needs and then share it. I have not time to share the credits yet even though I said I would do, I'm not interested in saying that this is my own work or creation and its exclusivity, I do not want praise of anybody, In the end, is just a game and the only thing I see are many comments about using something that serves for fun of things that most download, modify and use as they see fit.

I will do something for the sake of lawyers here present: Although I am a knowledgeable and modeling in 3d Max, but I do not know the Unity and the blender program, I will learn to design my own objects ".mu" files, then publish a post of anomalies with new structures and monoliths more interesting but I think they'll have to pay me for that. If I public that, I think I will not for free in due to lot of negative comments about something that I think very few have come up.

One of the best things about the game are the anomalies, it gives us a goal, and I have like 30 planets and only 5% of them have anomalies detected in ScanSat and many are misplaced, buried in the ground or on slopes almost impossible or in the air (PS: I use my full graphical settings, so it is a mistake of the people who designed them).

What happens people ??? --It's just a game and this is a post for placing objects and if you can create variants, what is the problem???, I'm not making money for that. No need to be rude because the respective thanks go to the people that enables you have as much fun, have fun and leave the stress, or otherwise not reach old.

if you want I delete the post, if it bothers of "Kerbinside" or "KerbalKonstructor" or the same people squad resent by this, as I will continue modifying the things, changing their locations, new orbits of planets, or new localization for a new system, for anyone looking for something different like me, but who does not like the idea, be happy and let others be happy. Again, it's just a game, they are just data for fun, I do not think the FBI be interested what we do here. (Sarcasm)

Sorry for my bad English again.

Respet my brothers. From Venezuela.

I'm aware that I look like a total knob right now, so I'd just like to clarify two things. Firstly, KerbinSide's licence has a clause in it that simply put, requires my permission to re-distribute my artwork in a modified format. Secondly, I have been asked that permission by PM a few times and in at least a couple of cases I've said yes, certainly, because I'm keen to see what's done with it and it's flattering and I want to be involved.

I can not believe many negative comments about something that I use as many peoples here, and I adapt to my needs and then share it. I have not time to share the credits yet even though I said I would do, I'm not interested in saying that this is my own work or creation and its exclusivity, I do not want praise of anybody, In the end, is just a game and the only thing I see are many comments about using something that serves for fun of things that most download, modify and use as they see fit.

Well, AlphaAsh has spend his time to work on his plugin. And he has chosen not to allow modifications without permission. He has told you this very polite I think. You had the option to ask him for permission; or at least to apologize and ask later on (we all make mistakes). The "negative comments" as you call them, just tell you that you cannot do this with AlphaAsh's work. That's not negative, that's helpful.

definitely the language is a barrier, I think I've changed all MODs this game out of curiosity, with or without permission of the authors, it is my fault for not reading the clauses thereof. I am fan of KSP since its early versions and have years coming to this forum seems to me the best, but until yesterday I I encouraged to place something for the first time that I think someone already should have done is put more anomalies by the system because the game and is getting bored with so many updates with few changes (from my perspective), ie, one can add more anomalies ??? that's the most fun game of gentlemen. I apologize for the misunderstanding. AlphaAs thank you for your comments and not quice be rude. I try to create my own models in formats ".mu" which still do not know, only mesh in 3d max at best. I will keep visiting the forum but will be a ghost as I have always been. Nereid i changed many of your ribbons, sorry. Just kidding.

- - - Updated - - -

cMNTsxh.png

luyAOlV.png

twVhI4k.png

Rcus47O.png

xpTfriS.png

bR5uFxq.png

These are some pictures of the sites of pitches I did, places to 6,700 meters, enclosed spaces between mountains and some old ones that I think are excellent as arakebo and sdyssey. I will continue with this work and I can help them improve, if my time and work permits.

- - - Updated - - -

I've placed over 40 new anomalies (rocks, fliying saucer, alien eggs, pyramids, and others aliens artefacts like cubes whith some nice textures and towers) between Kerbol, Urania and Sentar systems, always choosing the best places to locate the static objects with beautiful views. Although I must criticize some of the files are very complex and heavy as KSC2 and aircraft carrier which I deleted my files. The textures I reduced to a minimum, and some to 8x8 32x32 pixels as they are not important and are almost always hidden. I think the game should use more efficient textures and I hate to use the TextureManager because it takes much the same resolution like the MOD to transform the textutras to dds format is direcxt as I prefer to keep using PNG optimal. version 0.90 has a lot of weight, not even run on machines with 3 GB of ram and if they do, can not install many mods.

I am a user and former game designer old school, I have 40 years and I live in Venezuela, I'm not used to clauses on the use and distribution of the work of others in the internet and less on an online community that distributes things to use. I am among those who believe that if I want to use my work, just do not publish on Internet, or simply put a price on closed code or a protection system. Nothing is more free than the internet and if someone uses something I did not get rich or boast I think joy for us. That's the trouble with being in North-America ... do not have to live in strict conformity of its laws, artists get rich with concerts and royalties, not the mp3 standing on the radio or internet, they can not have it all of us. the music should be free, that is art and what is done here for me is also art, although many find it hard to work do. Nobody gets rich with this, because nothing is sold, it is only shared for fun and expand what one enjoys both knowledge. That's what I think.

Edited by jcas2k

Do you honestly think I get rich off my art chap? As a fellow games designer, you should know better frankly.

EDIT - And here's a real kicker. Not only did you think you could just re-use my art, looking at those images, you couldn't even be bothered to actually come up with original names for the bases. You were planning on ripping off KerbinSide every which way. Sheesh. I was about to give you the benefit of the doubt until I saw that. You sir, are just a thief.

Edited by AlphaAsh

So before more misunderstanding happen:

I think the lesson that should be learned here is respect. When using any non-original material, respect should be paid to the original author's wishes. It is their labour that create works for people to use, so at the least, if they want people to ask for their approval before using their work, that should be respected. It is heart breaking for an author to see their creation being included in something horrible, or something they personally do not approve of. If the OP just ask nicely first, they might already got the approval of the author, and we may already see this available.

I don't see how the idea that "I want people to use my work, but if people are going to modify it and redistribute it in a different manner, I want to see what happen to it" is so alien to people.

Thanks for calling me "Thief",

first did not see the need to change them names to launch sites, but if I saw the need to place more interesting places (No offense). The images are very dark, and no details are appreciated, wanted to improve that.

I have bad news to friend AlphaAsh author of kerbinside ... "You can not do anything about it .... This is internet ... and it's a free world." Now I removed the links, imagine the amount of people using your MOD and modify to your liking just for a single purpose: fun, it's a game, not the salvation of mankind. I told him that I dedicate to design my own models for my anomalies, and let people call them as you like and place them any textures, they forget that this is a game with code semi-open, and change the settings needed and even inevitable.

I recommend that if you do not want your work to be modified then label it price or simply create an executable or binary file so that nobody can change it. I repeat: This is the Internet .... Much do with removing the links and talk to you.

I dedicate my Future MODs to you, will have your name to remind me ... Creating something here does not make us gods. This is not Microsoft windows.

Sorry for my bad English again.

Of course you're free to modify and use KerbinSide assets for your personal use. There's no way to stop you or even to know. The problem comes when you distribute them as the KerbinSide licence says you need to obtain permission. Saying this is the internet and everything is free and all that is fine, I have no problem with that. But aren't we, as a community, better than that? Are we going to disregard polite requests (not just licenses) just because we can? Personally, I think that's just a wee bit rude (then, there's the issue of disregarding the license granted to you when you downloaded KerbinSide. You're basically saying "yeah, you asked me to not do this, but I'm doing it because screw you". That, I take issue with especially. No idea what Ash thinks, but that's what I think).

If you're planning on using your own models for the assets, why not just wait until that's possible?

Your english is understandable, don't worry.